GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is what happend my car is now pushing the 650ish HP @ a nice 1.6 bar of boost after the dyno run on the way home I couldnt shift into any gear and the reason was clutch bearings on the BNR34 pull type clutch.

I was running a brand new Nismo Twin plate clutch this was my 2nd nismo clutch in the 6 years I have owned the car. Also I ran HKS triple for a few months last year before going back to the twins ,, reason was the triple was very harsh on my standard gear and i worn out the clutches only after a few months of usage.

I should say nismo has a design flaw in the throwout bearing lock of the clutch to the pressure plate at higher horse power. I never had the problem before the design is very a very weak support for the pressure plate.. everything else about the Nismo clutch is solid clutches flywheel and pressure plate are all good and can support my hp application but that lock design is awful.

The HKS Unit uses a better throwout bearing lock design its much more solid even with the same pressure plate force it can support a lot more HP,, although their clutch plates lasts only 1/4 of Nismo's plate.

now I have decided to convert from pull to push type clutches as I wasnt very happy with what had happend to me, using the OS Giken clutch belive me the whole design is much more solid than ANY pull type clutch on the market as all the bearing gets to push the pressure plate and not relay on a small think lock and the best part I should say is you dont have to spend such a long time trying to fit the bloody Pin on the pull fork inside the gearbox that use to always drive me crazy.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn

Turn the boost down and you won,t have a problem (he he) :chuckle:

Lets hope the OS is a lot better,

Anyone had this happen before ?????????????????????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts