GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any sources for replicas of the Z tune bonnet in light weight FRP or something similar. Its for a track car and has to serve 2 purposes one extra cooling and 2 not to be tooo heavy.

The real one is nearly to good for a race car and very expensive.

Any help appreciated

Robbie

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool that looks the part. I will e-mail them for a picture of the underside. it will be painted as i am not a huge fan of the balck bonnet look on R34's.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
From what i've seen of the replicas, the underside is very rough, and "unfinished" FRP look.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The underside dosent bother me so much. It will not be a show point of the car just a functional air duct away form the engine bay. The only concern is that it might be very heavy if they used alot of wet frp without proper vacume bagging to remove resin.

Robbie

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
From what i hear the Nismo one is only 1kg lighter than the stock GTR aluminium item.

But thats mainly due to the design and construction of the item.

The replica ones maybe heavier than stock.......

Even the GTR wings are soooooo light being aluminium

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other alternative is to vent the std alu bonnet. I want a low drag high venture effect vent. As I want to lower the under bonnet pressure as much as possible and remove as much heat as I can over the car not under it. I may consider moving the radiator to the rear of the car to keep the heat down as much as possible. The main heat will be form the manifold and down pipe which are the both wrapped but still
get very hot.

If there are other types of bonnets available that I may not have seen please can people suggest them.

Thanks

Robbie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts