GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last year I started asking Nissan (Global) about a variation on one of its model variants to offer as a special build. The discussions were quite protracted and eventually my desire was overtaken by other events…

However, one aspect of the conversation was regarding wheel options.

Some of you may recall that in the early days of R35, purchasers were offered the Track Edition wheels as a cost option. So I asked if I could have them on a MY20 Prestige spec car.

After some to-ing and fro-ing to the technical product team I was told this could not be done. There were two reasons given:

• The hub wheel studs on the Premium/Recaro/Prestige are a different diameter to those on the Track/Nismo Editions. Only 1mm (ISTR 8mm and 9mm were mentioned).
  • The offset on the Track/Nismo Edition wheels are different to the normal wheels and because of that the TE (and presumably the Nismo) have their wheel arches rolled out wider to accommodate.
Now these both sound like very good reasons and I can understand Nissan not wanting to go down the path of delivering a vehicle that not only doesn’t meet an approved homogation spec but might also cause problems if a fault occurred.

My reason for raising this is that no-one else I’ve spoken to has ever heard of these differences. Anyone on here?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi. Unrelated to the matter above. But I had requested red prestige interior on my TE 2020 and they refused. Surely the interiors are easily switched and same fitment?

I think it boils down to certain dealerships, actually going the extra mile to make these things happen, or just brush the customer off. Manufacturers are known to fulfil certain requests.

H

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funnily enough we eventuall got to and agreed spec which was a Track Edition, with options, and a Prestige interior ;). And having tee'd up a dealer to be my UK processor I couldnt get anyone to give me a final price... Never mind, I've still got my 45th to play with.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I’ll second the above question as I wanted a dark grey/black interior in my My20 TE...unfortunately the only options on offer are/were the grey/red Recaro or the carbon fibre seats at an extra 5k or so?!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid not! I'd approached this from the opposite direction and agreed a build spec with Japan - that took more than three months! The next step would have been to get a price and presumably this would have needed to be agreed with NMGB but it all went quiet. I did get a dealer to agree to handle the order but we never got that far.
Now, back to the wheel thingy...

·
Registered
50 Posts
With regards to wheels. I dont see any issues. If you check madmikexxx thread. He just fitted track spec wheels to non TE car. No such issues were described.

·
Registered
165 Posts

• The offset on the Track/Nismo Edition wheels are different to the normal wheels and because of that the TE (and presumably the Nismo) have their wheel arches rolled out wider to accommodate.
The offset on the wheels only results in +10mm in track width does it not?
No need to have 'rolled' arches for that. I reckon they're talking p*sh there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have indeed had the nismo 2020 (track edition ) wheels to mine by litchfields , no issues at all and slightly wider track 😊 gave them a good “test” on the way back and there was certainly no rubbing

·
Registered
50 Posts
The offset on the wheels only results in +10mm in track width does it not?
No need to have 'rolled' arches for that. I reckon they're talking p*sh there.
Agreed. TE is +10mm. The wheels are a straight bolt on item. There should be no reason why it cant be done. It will probably be the same as the interior enquiry. They dont like mixing spec up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The different offsets werent what I though was surprising. The different stud diameters were - although I accept they might be misleading me for the reason given.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts