GTR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Yes I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy
Everyone says the R34 is heavy..... The Japanese weights , I think are quoted dry, no fluids. I have weighed a few GT-R's in my days, and I don't see numbers too near the stated weights. I have R32 at 3262lbs , R33 at 3373 lb, and R34 at 3388lb from Japanese specifications.

The Super Taikyu racecar was started at about 3250 lbs, and we got it down as low as about 3050 lbs including cage, with carbon fiber ,trunk, hood, doors, glass front and rear bumper,carbon fiber driveshaft, 2 piece floating rotors , carbon/carbon clutch. Then you add in fuel and a driver, and you really are hauling some weight around. That amount of weight hurts when you are the heaviest car in a series.

For the first time, it might be actually worth it to change the seats to save some weight.

3836+ driver + fuel = a lot of weight to haul around. A lot of weight to stop. The heavier the car, the harder it is on the driveline. The harder time it has cornering. I think they went a lot more GT - than GT-R on us with the new car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always read posts here but never registered, nagtroc and gtr.co.uk are among the best sites with lots of information.

Hey Sean, whats up with gtrnation? Igors having way to much fun over there.

Back on topic,
It's a shame if it's infact 1740kg it's going to be really hard to get that weight down for the track.

Can we assume there will be a difference in packages Jp. vs U.S. spec? Since marketing in North America is much different.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Everyone says the R34 is heavy..... The Japanese weights , I think are quoted dry, no fluids. I have weighed a few GT-R's in my days, and I don't see numbers too near the stated weights. I have R32 at 3262lbs , R33 at 3373 lb, and R34 at 3388lb from Japanese specifications.
I agree with you, I think they´re dry weights aswell. Here´s my R34 with me in it and the tank half full.

Since I weigh roughly 90kg, it would mean that the car weighs 1650kg or ~3630lbs.

I REALLY hope that the 1740kg for the new GT-R isn´t dry weight though. :(

/P

·
Registered
757 Posts
The pig M3 is being conveniently ignored and omitted from criticism even though it is among of the most lauded cars of all time ---> and heavy. But the GT-R is open-season for bashing.

:blahblah:

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Hey Sean, whats up with gtrnation? Igors having way to much fun over there.

Can we assume there will be a difference in packages Jp. vs U.S. spec? Since marketing in North America is much different.
No idea whats going on there....

As far as US vs Japanese spec , I think cars are getting closer and closer to a real "world" spec. The closer they are, the less money the companies need to spend.

I "hear" they are going to be pretty close.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The pig M3 is being conveniently ignored and omitted from criticism even though it is among of the most lauded cars of all time ---> and heavy. But the GT-R is open-season for bashing.

:blahblah:
Well, this is a GTR forum...what would you expect folks to be talking about?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Bonzelite,

You are clearly a troll, but the reason no one mentions M3s is they are hardly in the same category as GTR or GT2 or CGT referred to in this thread. The only one you might be referring too is the CSL, which is a non-piggy one at 1360kg.

Guy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lol yeah.. i am gonna drag her around the motorshow and look for some midnight drift clubs. I know they exist just where?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts