GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plant at Tochigi is where the GTR is made, as well as a few other cars like the 370Z and the current Infiniti G37 and M. Quite an amazing place and one where the GTROC recently visited. As well as getting to meet the VP of Production and hear about the plant we also got to see how the GTR is assembled and see it for real in the factory being made. Only now do I understand how Nissan can make a supercar for the price they do!

The day also saw us being driven on part of the test circuit by two of the five test drivers. All new GTRs have this shake down done to them! Although maybe not quite as aggressively ;)

This was the highlight of a trip where ten GTROC members (eight from Europe) visited the factory and went to Fuji Raceway for the Nismo Festival. A whole lot more was packed into the week as well and the full details of that trip are in the members area. Pictures will be posted up and a full write up in the club's magazine very soon. In the meantime a few of the pictures from the trip can be found here:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/128433-gtroc-tokyo-2.html#post1216420

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've gone Green... with envy of course, nothing to do with a hybrid :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When we've sorted through there should be some pictures in the gallery along with all the other GTROC in TOKYO pictures, and of course a full write up in the club magazine

·
Registered
485 Posts
It really is an amazing place - I was lucky enough to visit last April, a couple of months before I took delivery of my R35. I received my Skylines magazine last week and really enjoyed the write up... took me back :) Unfortunately I didn't get the ride around the test circuit - that seems to be reserved for VIPs like you John... but I can assure you that every car I saw hit the circuit was given the same crazed 0-120 run straight off the line, having rolled off the assembly line just a couple of hours before!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not just me. The entire GTROC tour party were treated as VIPs.

The way it works for me is if I can get something then I get it for all. When the GTR was launched in Tokyo the entire GTROC tour party were given exclusive access to one of the show cars for about an hour. At Tochigi every member got to go in one of the cars. If there is anything we can gain as a club it has to be fair for all, so all those that get to go get to participate equally. For example, after the luanch of the GTR we brought back over 400 Nissan GTR brochures and sent one to every paid up member at the time, and at no cost. Similarly every non new GTR owner got a free Nissan GTR coffee table book from us, again at no charge.

Hopefully next time we go you can join us and I will see what i can do :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Indeed - sorry I should have posted "... like you John, and the rest of the GTROC tour". I didn't mean to come across as moaning, far from it... the whole experience was awesome, and I know that when they took me and my colleagues out to see the track it was off the 'official' factory tour. Watching the brand new cars explode off the line was amazing.

My apologies if I appeared to be questioning your deserved reputation for running GTROC for the benefit of all; it was never in question.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No apology necessary. I was just trying to help people understand that it's all for the membership and not the individual :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts