GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Been a while again since I last posted! Just bought a really cool piece of JDM fun... a Nissan Cedric y34 with the RB25DET Neo motor. Going to put some better pics up soon but thought it would look good next to my R33 so yeah let me know what you think!
totally standard car... really great condition mechanically few body scuffs / marks to sort out and a missing bonnet emblem, But such an honest car.
2001 reg... imported 2019 108km (68 ish miles?)
so so smooth and comfy... like a pair of the best slippers 馃槀

I don鈥檛 know of another RB25 powered Cedric in the UK (I鈥檓 sure there must be though!)so very rare here... watch this space more pics coming soon and possibly putting up for sale once prepared

looking forward to working with this one! apologies again for the rubbish pics... Better pics to come on Saturday

Dan

Attachments

Registered
Looks like a neat car to own! In the United States, those are Infiniti Ms. You could get them with a 4.5 liter V8 that produced 340 hp and 333 ft-lb of torque. I just wish they had them with fabric seats instead of leather, like the Cedrics! The newest M, Y51 (2011-2019), came with the VQ37VHR or the VK56VD (this one is super rare to find and a true sleeper).

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a neat car to own! In the United States, those are Infiniti Ms. You could get them with a 4.5 liter V8 that produced 340 hp and 333 ft-lb of torque. I just wish they had them with fabric seats instead of leather, like the Cedrics! The newest M, Y51 (2011-2019), came with the VQ37VHR or the VK56VD (this one is super rare to find and a true sleeper).
That鈥檚 cool to know. Bet there great with that V8! ... never seen one of these on the UK roads everyone just sort of stares with a very confused look on there face fantastic sleepers.
Going to give This a good clean up at the weekend then get my skyline out the garage and see just how big the Cedric looks next to it! Lol took it to work earlier and couldn鈥檛 help getting a few pics of it. Need to work out what all the buttons in japanese do!

Attachments

Premium Member
Need to work out what all the buttons in japanese do!
There is probably a downloadable App that You can install on Your Phone which will then enable it Translate the Japanese Text into English for You Danielw. I've seen it done for Italian and German so there must be one for Japanese too seeing how popular Jap Imports are around the Globe!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
There is probably a downloadable App that You can install on Your Phone which will then enable it Translate the Japanese Text into English for You Danielw. I've seen it done for Italian and German so there must be one for Japanese too seeing how popular Jap Imports are around the Globe!
Yeah there is a google translation app that scans the text from your device and does it鈥檚 best to translate... not perfect but has helped massively lol some make sense others don鈥檛 but hey ho it adds to the fun :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
So I sent the car to RK tuning today for a engine service and gearbox oil change... I was thinking to myself that it might make sense to remove a muffler to make the car just a little more throaty on boost, turns out the quiet car is already making more noise than it should due to the exhaust being completely snapped away at a flange by the back box... Ron was as shocked as me considering how well mannered the car sounds... time for a new custom exhaust that will make the car breathe out a little better but also keep with the sleeper ethos of the car and not appear obvious to the onlookers... considering this is the only thing wrong I think I have done ok with this one... also as it鈥檚 a nice day a pic with the skyline was needed :cool:

Attachments

Registered
Even for its age, the Cedric looks good. I hardly see any of the Y34s in America, and even then they are a treat. You find your Cedric comfortable?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Even for its age, the Cedric looks good. I hardly see any of the Y34s in America, and even then they are a treat. You find your Cedric comfortable?
So so comfy, completely different to anything else I have ever driven... doesn鈥檛 corner very well though :ROFLMAO: on the look out for a bonnet emblem, crazy money for what it is from Japan though. hoping one appears in the Uk but not having much luck right now finding one

Registered
There is / was a dude on Facebook who was breaking a couple of these a few month ago cedric and a Gloria IIRC, I'll ask my missus to see if she can find his posts.
If I remember correctly one was being broken due to the windscreen being cracked

1 - 11 of 11 Posts