GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm totally unimpressed with the concierge service.

They collected my car to take to Middlehurst last Wednesday and managed to damage all four wheels in the process. To add insult to injury, Nissan said they wanted to 'refurbish' them on my three week old car. After three days of phone calls they finally agreed to put new wheels on it and everything sounded like there was going to be a happy ending.

So Monday, I spoke to Middlehurst and they confirmed that new wheels were going to be fitted and it should be ready for transportation back to me by Wednesday lunchtime, but confessed that it would be tight.

At about 3pm today, Nissan called to confirm the car was on its way. I asked them to ask the driver to call me when he was an hour away. It's now just before 11pm and I've heard nothing and my car's nowhere to be seen.

Now, I don't imagine it's actually been stolen, but I am now wondering where my car actually is. The Nissan recovery people don't know and tracking people can only trace it if I ring the police and report it stolen. What makes it worse is that I'm not here tomorrow, so there's no way that I can take delivery!

The communication from Nissan is shocking - they don't call you back when they say they will (and Middlehursts aren't entriely innocent of this either) and now they've managed to make my car dissappear somewhere on the M6.

Thanks Nissan!

Has anyone who's awake right now got any useful advice as to a number I could call to find out where my car is, or at least whether I should expect it tonight?

Thanks for listening.

Jon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that Jon.
Hope your car is safe and you get it soon.
Thanks. It finally arrived at around midnight. Considering it's dark, the wheels look perfect, the driver knew about the damaged wheels and they'd taken extra care in strapping it down to avoid damaging them again. So thanks to them for that.

I'm still miffed that noone called to let me know where it was, but at least it's back.

Phew!

Jon

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Do you know who was contracted to do the delivery?

RAC have done quite a few - might be worth a call.

It may be a problem with the drivers hours - too many and he has to park up for a few hours rest.

Doesn't excuse the PP communication though,

D

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks. It finally arrived at around midnight. Considering it's dark, the wheels look perfect, the driver knew about the damaged wheels and they'd taken extra care in strapping it down to avoid damaging them again. So thanks to them for that.

I'm still miffed that noone called to let me know where it was, but at least it's back.

Phew!

Jon
Great news :thumbsup:

How far are you from HPC?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
As actually anybody had his car collected and delivered back without damaged wheels....i dont know anyone who not has damaged wheels from transport on the towingtrucks....

In germany there is a case where a black 2000km old GTR has a 8000€ paintdamage just from transportation and the HPC´s free of charge washingservice........;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The driver's hours definately came into it. The guy said that they had to swap it from one truck to another somewhere near birmingham because the first fella ran out of hours. Then he had to stop for 45 mins when he was nearly here because of the same.

I'm in Hampshire, but I wanted to send it to Middlehursts because I thought the extra journey was worth the quality service. Lesson learnt; next time it's going to Bromley, Oxford or Bournemouth I think. I might take it there myself too!

J

·
Registered
439 Posts
The driver's hours definately came into it. The guy said that they had to swap it from one truck to another somewhere near birmingham because the first fella ran out of hours. Then he had to stop for 45 mins when he was nearly here because of the same.

I'm in Hampshire, but I wanted to send it to Middlehursts because I thought the extra journey was worth the quality service. Lesson learnt; next time it's going to Bromley, Oxford or Bournemouth I think. I might take it there myself too!

J
I took mine to Oxford - good service (rather than use Concierge Service). Virtually gave me the pick of the forecourt as a loan car while the car was optimised.

·
Registered
300 Posts
just drive your GTRs to service .... she'll be happy and don't bite you in the ass next time. Don't forget that's godzilla... do not mess with the feeling of the thing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
As actually anybody had his car collected and delivered back without damaged wheels....i dont know anyone who not has damaged wheels from transport on the towingtrucks....

In germany there is a case where a black 2000km old GTR has a 8000€ paintdamage just from transportation and the HPC´s free of charge washingservice........;)
I used the concierge service to MH two weeks ago without a problem. I'm surprised you had a problem as the HPC's know that its easy to damage the alloys. The driver was very careful with the splitter as well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Where do they find these "muppet" drivers from ?................I've been doing the job for 10 years, never damaged any wheels,....never damaged bugger all actually..
...........So when £60 grand's worth of recovery truck turns up to collect your nearly new Gtr, don't be impressed,..........'cause its the "teaboy" driving it:thumbsup:..........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...........So when £60 grand's worth of recovery truck turns up to collect your nearly new Gtr, don't be impressed,..........'cause its the "teaboy" driving it:thumbsup:..........
That's the funny thing - the truck that turned up was a proper fully curtained, 'deck down to the floor' piece of kit and I was quite impressed. However, seems like maybe it was the teaboy driving it!

The fella who brought it back last night was very careful with the wheels (in the way he'd strapped it down) and lowered it off the truck very carefully too. I was very grateful.

I think next time it'll be going somewhere much more local - maybe Oxford - and I'll definately drive it there if I can.

J

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try Bournemouth

I would say bournemouth is a good option, it shouldnt be that far from you, around an hour or so, the service is excellent. Glad to hear you got it back without any problems, that's why I wouldn't send it with anyone.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Glad you got the car back safely.
I don't trust the concierge service and won't use them unless there was an emergency.
Lucky for me only haif an hour drive to NHPC.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I switched from Mill Hill to Middlehursts but think they may have trouble with volume now.Same truck as Jon by the sound of it for the pick up. Well impressed. Trouble was the return truck broke down and my car had to be unloaded and loaded again. Came back from St Helens on an open back,no wheel covers,no number plate covers totally exposed to the elements. Was not impressed. And I waited ages for it to arrive,took over
7hrs and arrived in the dark so unable to inspect. Fortunatley no wheel damage but will perhaps try Oxford next time.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I've used the concierge service for both the optimisation and 6k mile service to Middlehurst and back.

No problems for any of the four journeys, they used wheel covers and were very careful.

Wasn't a covered trailer though and they did use some horribly sticky duct tape to cover the licence plates (why?) and the resulting gunk took ages to take off the plates.

Overall though, excellent service and has saved nearly 900 miles of driving, fuel and time. Bargain for £0!

BTW, Nissan have a contract with the RAC for this service (who also provide the 24 hour European breakdown cover we get included too).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts