GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good contact at Nissan GB that can help with a complaint.

Also has anyone had any experience with the motor ombudsman if I have to go that far? Are they any good?

So far the Nissan dealer is not taking my many complaints seriously. The worst complaint being they have provided a brand new car that has had a putting it politely a "forceful knock" to the front. They tell me that it does not affect the value of the car, now or in the future because they have replaced the splitter, (which was only part of the damage). I best not go into details until the matter has been sorted. I should thank the salesman though. He provided useful evidence by forcing us to have our pictures taken in the handover bay which show the damage on them!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. It is a shame there are not closer links between the GTR community and Nissan.

I might ask Lichfield or someone if they can inspect the car as I am also concerned about the transmission. I know there are supposed to be noises but when reversing I get a grinding sound and quite a lot of resistance like it does not like going backwards.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hopefully you'll get the matter resolved.

Check on your legal rights (which I'm sure you will be/have done) and if car was brand new and you've notified them within 6 months of buying it then the dealer has to make the repair or you can reject the car. The photo will help you but it will also help the dealer as they could say you willingly accepted a damaged car......If you paid cash, then if they fail to do the proper job or give you your money back (i.e. they take back the car) then pursue legal routes. If the car is on finance then have a word with the finance company, as just like credit cards, the finance company has an interest and get them on board to pursue the dealer. Shouldn't have to be like this, but it happens :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone know a good contact at Nissan GB that can help with a complaint.

Also has anyone had any experience with the motor ombudsman if I have to go that far? Are they any good?

So far the Nissan dealer is not taking my many complaints seriously. The worst complaint being they have provided a brand new car that has had a putting it politely a "forceful knock" to the front. They tell me that it does not affect the value of the car, now or in the future because they have replaced the splitter, (which was only part of the damage). I best not go into details until the matter has been sorted. I should thank the salesman though. He provided useful evidence by forcing us to have our pictures taken in the handover bay which show the damage on them!
Have a good look through the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You would have been within your rights to reject the car on delivery and may still have that opportunity. I had an issue with a brand new car in 2017 and Nissan have a group of guys that deal with these types of issues. They handled it professionally and without any fuss.

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
They are like a chocolate teapot

I***8217;ve a dec my14& v pampered

Rust started to bubble on the wing mirrors

(Tiny but even so)

Nissan didn***8217;t want to know

Paid privately , can***8217;t reclaim the cost least I know it***8217;s done well ( body shop does work for Aston Martin restorers etc)& shipped it half way up the country for the work

I***8217;d still buy another 35 and I***8217;m a big fan but their customer service ..you on your own

Feel for you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much everyone for making the effort to reply with your help and thoughts it is much appreciated.

Car was brand new and on finance, good idea about talking to them.

The damage was notified to the dealer within 48 hours, they did not advise me to bring it in or comment at all. The full extent was not discovered until it was detailed and then I noticed more when I inspected it myself prior to the first service/new splitter being fitted.

Saying I willingly accpeted the car with damage I don't think will hold up for a brand new car as the expectation in the Consumer Rights would be for perfect condition, but just my opinon. Besides I think they are supposed to have done a PDI!

I take it no one else has the grinding sound and resistance when reversing?

Besty was your issue damage or mechanical as you have given me some hope lol?

Matty32, shame the corrosion warranty is not covering that issue what a costly pain in the....

·
Registered
24,959 Posts
Thank you so much everyone for making the effort to reply with your help and thoughts it is much appreciated.

Car was brand new and on finance, good idea about talking to them.

The damage was notified to the dealer within 48 hours, they did not advise me to bring it in or comment at all. The full extent was not discovered until it was detailed and then I noticed more when I inspected it myself prior to the first service/new splitter being fitted.

Saying I willingly accpeted the car with damage I don't think will hold up for a brand new car as the expectation in the Consumer Rights would be for perfect condition, but just my opinon. Besides I think they are supposed to have done a PDI!

Besty was your issue damage or mechanical as you have given me some hope lol?

Matty32, shame the corrosion warranty is not covering that issue what a costly pain in the....
Tbh it was £2k bill so not massive but I***8217;d not trust Nissan to run a bath

And I don***8217;t trust some of the independents they advise

Nissan are shocking for after service

Even after buying direct

I***8217;m done with gtrs anyway so was final invoice

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hate it when a dealer lets you down, if you don***8217;t get Nissan to resolve the issue I would see a solicitor. It will hurt Nissan if you can get this on more social sites also and force them to get a complete check undertaken and corrections from a different dealer.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Mines an older model (2010) and I don't get any weird noises reversing (aside from the irritating beep beep warning...) If I reverse while turning sharp I do sometimes get the wheel hop from the LSD, but that's normal per the car handbook.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts