GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What experience do people have of Nissan Customer Service?

My experience is that they are very very polite but will not sort out any problems that you have with a dealer or anything for that matter. They pass the buck.

Any other experiences?

·
Registered
485 Posts
In my experience:
  • Nissan GB Customer Service - slient
  • Nissan Europe Customer Service - polite but broadly useless
  • Nissan Japan Customer Service - excellent, accomodating and VERY customer focused

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Japanese customer service centre speak english? If so maybe best to go direct to them?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had a very specific request for them - a visit to Tochigi Plant just north of Tokyo. They were incredibly helpful and arranged a VIP visit for me and some business contacts of mine. I had the entire dialogue via email - I can PM you with the email address if you like?

I have no idea what they would do about comments on UK HPCs, but it can't hurt to try...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Silence!

I e mailed the European Nissan customer services address last week and got an e mail straight back (probably automated) saying they would get back to me. They have not. You'd think they'd make a bit of an effort given how few cars theyre selling globally! Hey ho!

·
Banned
190 Posts
Totally useless, but so is my NHPC when it comes to knowing anything about the GT-R. For 2 month I tried to make it clear to the customer service and to the NHPC that their Consult Computer is providing faulty information.
Finally yesterday they admitted to the problem and blamed Nissan for not providing them with the right software. Very sad that it takes a customer to tell them when they have a serious problem.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Totally useless, but so is my NHPC when it comes to knowing anything about the GT-R. For 2 month I tried to make it clear to the customer service and to the NHPC that their Consult Computer is providing faulty information.
Finally yesterday they admitted to the problem and blamed Nissan for not providing them with the right software. Very sad that it takes a customer to tell them when they have a serious problem.
is this the same HPC who i had my GTR serviced....they have been to stupid to realise their 30000€ alignment machine was wrong,instead of switching on their brain and wonder why a 2000km old car is totally out of alignment,they tell me my car was totally wrong and now they have setup it correctly.....end of the story was they made me 0.5 camber left and 2.2 right...... plus fu**ed up everything else:chairshot

HPC´s = useless
Nissan Customerservice = What customer service??? They dont have one....
Nissan´s warranty = useless,if you dont want your lawyer as your best friend to fight for your rights...

The GTR: sad but true,a awesome car with a lot of small problems....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
What experience do people have of Nissan Customer Service?

My experience is that they are very very polite but will not sort out any problems that you have with a dealer or anything for that matter. They pass the buck.

Any other experiences?
With GTR the expertise is with the HPCs and obviously some are better than others with Middlehurst being obvious No. 1. With my experience of Nissan GB from a commercial vehicle perspective, they are certainly a bit of a "shower" and very black and white. They are poor to respond and struggle with technical understanding at some levels. My advise is choose the HPC with care and work with them.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I still havent forgiven them for messing my other half and me around when it came to booking a test drive around on of the circuits after we'd pre-ordered - that ultimately forced our cancellation of the order.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hursts HPC - Excellent
Nissan Customer Service - absolute bunch of useless people- you may not get a GTR from Porsche, but their customer service is a million times better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
IMO there is no such thing as Nissan Customer Service!
Herein will be the problem for all of us if they do not sort themselves out soon.
I for one am seriously considering bailing out in the New Year if they do not address the problems that this owners club is highlighting.

·
Registered
297 Posts
im considering bailing out after a huge wait and my car is nearly here, talking days. Just had a long conversation with my father and we went through the pro's and cons of ownership and suffice to say the cons are winning atm, especially after the accident thread

·
Registered
183 Posts
Porsche Customer Service no better

Hursts HPC - Excellent
Nissan Customer Service - absolute bunch of useless people- you may not get a GTR from Porsche, but their customer service is a million times better.
When my 997 C2S broke down at 2months old with a fuel pump failure, Porsche were pretty useless in providing support...I ended up waiting 4 hours for an RAC truck to tow me home, I had to arrange the subsequent pick up and drop off to the Porsche dealer, I had to arrange a courtesy Car via Guy Salmon who would only talk during normal working hours Mon to Fri and would only provide a Jaguar X-Type.........thank goodness for the dealers...if it wasn;t for them I don;t believe we would be enjoying such great cars.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
thanks scrappy.

omg - now that's what i call a rip-off.......... - we've got a car thats designed to be driven fasr, yet, a wee bump results in £11k bill.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Just looking over this thread again, the worrying thing about Nissan is the fact that the UK have purchased 50% of the European GTRs and it seems Nissan have given the UK the worst service with respect to the Non-Nav cars and lack of connectivity, the prices quoted for parts seems to be more than other markets etc. Just very disconcerning for an International company to act like this!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts