GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, how about this then.

A meet somewhere in the Midlands area for all us Nissan owners. This would include the GTR, GTS's, GTi-R's, SX's, 300Z's, Primeras, Almeras's etc., basically anyone and everyone with a Nissan performance vehicle.

Also I would like to hear everyones thoughts on the inclusion of the Datsun Z lads and lasses's.

I think this would be a top meet and would give us all a chance to mingle with the other Nissan Clubs.

Would also like peoples thoughts on a venue somewhere around the Milton Keynes-ish area. Only say this as Milton Keynes is quite an accessible area.

One more thing, dates. I know we are planning a Gaydon Meet on the 21st July, with Billing the week after and 10 of the Best the weekend after that, phew. TRAX is on Sunday 8th September by the way.

So what about one of the weekend days in August, 10-11th, 17-18th, 24-25th.

It would be nice to be somewhere Midlands area so making it as convenient for us down South, as everyone up North.

Does anyone know who to contact re the hiring of Santa Pod or any other suitable venue. I'm sure if we got enough interest and had to pay a nominal amount for somewhere like the Pod people wouldn't mind.

Would like everyones thoughts please.

Thanks.

glen

ps. I'm gonna start contacting the other clubs/groups.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Geography lesson!!

Hey up you!

Sounds a great idea Glen. It would be good to get together with other Nissan owners.

Just a point poppet - Midlands is a splendid idea!!! But you have chosen the most southerly tip of the midlands possible:p

We live in the midlands and Milton Keynes is 2 hours away;)

However.......

We'll still be there:D

Caroline and Simon
Lord and Lady Draxx:smokin:

S

·
0 Posts
Seems its all about arrivin, departin, and arrangin'

Be great to get a big Nissan/Datsun collective in the North of the South (the Midlands;) )

Keep us dodgy 300zx owners posted on any date settled on, we'd love to be part of it.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Glen, d'ya know, i've been thinking about this one myself recently, i know it's something that's been discussed in the past, just nothings ever come of it.

Personally, i think it's a great idea. I'd be more than happy to spread the word to the rest of the GTI-R collective, who i'm sure would be very interested - esp. as it's planned to be held in a more central location (or at least, a location that's easier for all parties to get to).

With regard to santa pod, i think it's around 2.5k to hire. I was looking at this idea as the replacement to Bolney, but i'm gonna stick to a tried and test thing for bolney (although it won't actually be in bolney next time !). When i got someone to enquire for me, they only had a few dates available that we could go....Afraid i can't help as to whom you would need to contact, as someone obtained the info for me.

I don't think any of the above dates are going to cause me any issues (i'm not running in 10 of the best, won't make Gaydon, and Billing ? is that JAE ? never been).

Nice one for getting the ball rolling.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
298 Posts
Superb idean Glen!

Somewhere close to the M1 then? How about Donington? Could try to arrange a group track day at the same time?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Sounds a good idea Glen. 9/10/11th is Ultimate street at Santa Pod. 24th is the next dyno day. 17/18th then;)
I will be there, especially if a midlands meet.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here we go

Ok then keep the ideas comin.

USC at the Pod ? Mmmm well perhaps keep that pencilled but the 24th is definetly gone then.

Nice one Daz was hoping you'd or Alexis would pick it up. Have spoke with Dan on the SX site so theirs movement their.

Milton Keynes, OK not so North but yeah Donington, mmmmmm. Or anywhere else anyone ??????

Cheers Lee.

:) glen

·
Registered
840 Posts
jimsgill said:
Superb idean Glen!

Somewhere close to the M1 then? How about Donington? Could try to arrange a group track day at the same time?
Be up 4 that, I met Steve (PurpleR33) at Donny and it seemed a fantastic venue, the only prob might be that it is quite expensive for us non stinkin rich type peeps ;) so get us a good price and I'm sure the 200sxoc clan'l be well u 4 it :D

be great to meet up with all the people from the different Nissan forums I've browsed. Fantastic Idea :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2hundyman

Suppose I need to get a gauge of the amount of motors coming and then venue cost, and then see what the split is.

I'll get some prices in the meantime though.

glen

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know a lot of people won't want to go for a full on trackday but there is plenty of space for just 'park and talk' at Donington so people don't have to splash out big dosh to come?

What a year for meets and events eh? GREAT INNIT?!

Whatever, I'm in :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Top idea, not on the 18th August though, us 200SX lot have a rolling road day in Norwich then. Bugger.:(

How about the August Bank Holiday, the 26th?? There arent any race meetings that day, so perhaps there is a track day booked?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Donington Park

I was going to go a jap meet there on GT car day but the skylines did not enter. I read that they might still enter the 2 R34's later in the year so if that happened that would be a good place to meet. Just an idea (that probably will not happen.... a load of hot air as Calum Lockie said).
Dave

·
Registered
312 Posts
Contact??

Glan,

Have you contacted Alan Spensley the North East rep of the NTOC??
I am due to see him next week that is all??

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What about

26th August then. Nah too busy that w/end for us all. Might have to go 31st Aug-1st Sept ?

Stu. Sent an email to the NTOC last night. It was the main email address on their on their site.

glen

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Glen,

Just phone Donington Park circuit to find out how much it is to hire for the day....

waiting for a call back...

/Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
O.K

Glen,

Spelt it right this time!!:D

When i meet up with Alan i will run this idea past him, i know we chatted about this subject some time ago, and i owe you an apology for not pursuing this further, it has been down to time and the lack of it!!

Thanks

Stu

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd be up fr it.. like 2hundeyman said I think all the SXOC lads would be up for it.. maybe Oulton Park would be good nothin to do with the fact I live 10 mins away.. hehe ;) :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts