GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
warranty direct have now come back to me at £760 for an approved Nissan HPC 12 month cover
Can you buy multiple years? If so buy as many as you can in advance, I'd bet that price will start rising once they start having to pay some claims and realise just how pricey the parts are.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I just ran the quote through at Independent cover level and it is indeed £760 for 1 year with Warranty Direct. Hmmmmm........Nissan Ancaster quoted £2500 for Nissan HPC extended warranty.........and still waiting for Litchfields.......

p.s. my warranty runs out in 8 days.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hot off the press. Prices for my 2009 GT-R Black edition. Prices supplied by Nissan Slough HPC.

The prices are as follows -

1 year up to 60k £2656.00
2 year up to 100k £6566.00

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hot off the press. Prices for my 2009 GT-R Black edition. Prices supplied by Nissan Slough HPC.

I`ve just fallen off my chair laughing so hard at those prices. Did they have a straight face when they told you ?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts

We should all email Nissan and say what a joke those prices are for warranties and for ripping us customers off on parts prices as well when the same product can be sourced for a fraction of the price (including margin) elsewhere-

MD NMGB [email protected]

Senior VP NM Europe and former head of NMGB [email protected]

Senior Customer Service Manager NMGB responsible for GTR [email protected] or call James on 07768 802033 and 01923 697336

Also be worth copying in your dealer principal as they are very cosy with NMGB

Also why not tell the press and embarrass NMGB into more sensible pricing?

Its time we fought back against rip off Nissan!!

How about an e petition to be signed by everyone stating disgust at ripping us off time and time again?

·
Registered
145 Posts
To be fair - they left a comment in the email that I won't repeat. The prices will be set centrally, so not their fault!

I just phoned Litchfield. They're still on track for offering it at £1k P/A. Should be announcing next week.

This all seems very last minute from all involved? I can understand Iain waiting for Nissan to announce first, as they should. Doesn't reflect well on Nissan. Can you imagine Porsche, BMW or in fact any other major automotive brand tossing around like this? As a first time Nissan customer I have to say it's shoddy.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
To be fair - they left a comment in the email that I won't repeat. The prices will be set centrally, so not their fault!

I just phoned Litchfield. They're still on track for offering it at £1k P/A. Should be announcing next week.

This all seems very last minute from all involved? I can understand Iain waiting for Nissan to announce first, as they should. Doesn't reflect well on Nissan. Can you imagine Porsche, BMW or in fact any other major automotive brand tossing around like this? As a first time Nissan customer I have to say it's shoddy.
Thats the issue for the HPC's - Nissan dictate what they can and cannot sell and what price they have to sell it and charge the labour at...would be interested to see how much business has been lost for servicing to the quality independents like Litchfields...my last servive was done by Iain and was 100 times better than when Westover looked after the car

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the Nissan GB emails. I'll be sending them an open letter shortly.

At £1k the Litchfield option looks sensible when evaluating risk vs cost. This also means of course that they'll get the servicing and any upgrades etc that I choose to have as they will be covered too. Commercially smart move by Iain.

I think it'll see the HPCs lose out - but not through anything they've done wrong. Nissan Slough (WLMG) have been pretty good to me & Indie knows his stuff and is very responsive to queries. They'll lose my business because of a central mess caused by Nissan GB.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had Oxford Nissan calling me last week practicly begging to have me back as iv been going to Litchfields. They even offered to do the 36 month service for £780 which is Litchfield prices approx. When i said i was having The Alcon discs fitted she even offered to look into getting them also.

Dont worry Iain id rather bring it to you as you da man lol.

Interesting how they can knock hundreds off a service ! Why not just be competetive in the first place.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just be careful when comparing warranties that they are not all equal.

At £760 Warranty Direct will not be pay for labour to get to the failed component and neither will they pay diagnostic fees. So if your gearbox goes then you'll be definitely glad you've got it but for smaller items you'll still be paying a hefty chunk towards the cost of repair.

I'd be interested in Litchfield's policy on this, but I'm sure it will be very reasonable.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Nissan area manager is supposedly sending me the terms and conditions of their policy tomorrow. If I get them I'll post them up.

I'll be comparing to Litchfield's carefully. As you say - it's all in the detail on warranties - exclusions, limits and excesses. At the end of the day they're a financial product based on risk. But as we've all probably seen before, not all financial products are equal!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
So for the rip off price of Nissan warranty you could have a Litchfield warranty plus two services and some tasty mods from Litchfield that will be covered by their warranty...bravo to Iain and his excellent team

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah

I have to say, the idea of a cheaper warranty and being able to fearlessly upgrade without worrying about warranties and seemingly overpriced servicing,etc is extremely attractive.

The question though is whether anyone has had anything disastrous and costly go wrong, that litchfield sorted out without any drama?

Like catastrophic gearbox failure or blowing a piston through the crankcase, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Who on God's earth would be **** stupid to pay £2500 for a years warranty, let alone £6500 for 2 years??

Nissan have taken complete leave of their senses. HPCs will be shitting themselves as they've invested hugely in R35 equipment and sales have significantly tailed off since launch so there will be fewer and fewer services for newer cars. Now with outlandish warranty prices they can kiss goodbye to post 3 year cars and any work they might bring in.

Add into the mix the fact that used prices will suffer as so few will have extended warranties then it is my opinion that whoever dreamt up these fantasyland prices needs throwing off the top of their HQ.

Muppets of the highest order....

21 - 40 of 148 Posts