GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after laughing at some of the stupid pricing I have heard come from Nissan this is the best one.

My CD player will no longer accept a CD, just spits it back out. Now mine is not a sat nav unit it is just a Bose CD player - anyone want a guess on how much a replacement one is (mine is covered under warranty) but just for a laugh I asked how much it would cost if they replaced it with the newer unit with the USB port.

Well I am sad to say that the looms re totally different as is the plug on the back.

So the price of the replacement unit for mine is £8000, yeah, 8K!!!!! If you have a new one with the USB port . . . . 12k, I promise I am not winding you up.

So I had an idea - Now my system is Bose the one in the Aston Martin Vanquish is Linn - mega expensive, uber high end Linn. However the Linn unit for the Vanquish is £3789.

Nissan, I love your brand, I have had a 200SX, a 350Z, I own the R35 at the moment and I intending on buying an R34 Vspec II next year but for the love of god, allah, buddah, rah and everyone else please sort your prices out as you are making this great piece of automotive goodness a joke.

Kp

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
If the unit is anything like the one in the 350z, Nissan will be replacing a lot of them :chuckle:

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Hmmm, methinks theres profit to be made in buying a GTR and parting it out....

I'm sure you could easily cover the purchase price and have a good few grand left over and thats selling the stuff at reasonable prices..

TT

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nothing new with a car being worth more in parts than the whole, except that it normally applies if the car is 5 or more years old like my Cossie.

D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Its a joke, Nissan have lost the plot, I know I ate allot of steak in Geneva but this takes the mick:flame:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts