GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think the latter is true. After the Ghosn scandal Nissan HQ announced it would be pulling out of the Sports Car market in Europe (which geographically includes the UK) in order to save $3bn per annum.
The Z replacement was the first to go (or not arrive!)
This is the final step in that plan.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Just look at the current Nissan UK lineup. All of the vehicles are 5 door SUVs with 1 Hatchback (5 doors too). Never seen a more abysmal lineup.

View attachment 272334
This is in due part to the Nissan UK team. When we helped with the R35 launch they had no clue and most just thought they were selling tin...there were a few people that cared but most didn't even care and flipped from one manufacturer to another

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'd agree with that. Apart from the exceptions most staff seemed to almost be work experience level. Plus they get rotated every few months. And Nissan UK didnt appear to fight for budgets each year until there was no money left for sports car models marketing and support.
Dealers I've spoken to have commented that when they had queries they were just passed round and round. Senior management were to blame for all of the above.
Once the two notables moved on to pastures new it was all downhill from then....

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
It is very hard to get anything out of Nissan UK, as a Club (GTRDC) we did get some purchase for a couple of years but now the car is ended I imagine they'll not be interested anymore.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Megalomaniac wrote "Just look at the current Nissan UK lineup. All of the vehicles are 5 door SUVs with 1 Hatchback (5 doors too). Never seen a more abysmal lineup."

I think Toyota's line-up is even worse - yes they have the Supra and GT86 (tiny sales figures for both presumably), but everything else they sell is just awful. Japanese manufacturers really seem to have lost their way in the last few years, which is a great shame for Japanese car enthusiasts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Megalomaniac wrote "Just look at the current Nissan UK lineup. All of the vehicles are 5 door SUVs with 1 Hatchback (5 doors too). Never seen a more abysmal lineup."

I think Toyota's line-up is even worse - yes they have the Supra and GT86 (tiny sales figures for both presumably), but everything else they sell is just awful. Japanese manufacturers really seem to have lost their way in the last few years, which is a great shame for Japanese car enthusiasts.
Don't forget the Yaris GR

·
Vendor
4,751 Posts
There probably marketing the vehicles that offer the best return for them as a company.

Cosworth,Tickford, you never hear of companies like this anymore working in collaboration to produce some good cars

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Thats that then. This jumped out at me "The final examples of the GT-R will arrive in the UK in summer....."

Summer would be fine by me.
In the evo magazine they say production is ending in March, I take it ,if that’s correct, the orders coming to the UK will be built by then?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I assume so Will, I am not sure how long it takes for shipping/port clearance to the dealer (2 months perhaps), and whether the cars have to be built by a certain time to be imported here before the noise & speed limiter regs kick in.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts