GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't believe there hasn't been a single reply to this post. Nobody interested in a GT-R GT3 driven by an all-champion team of drivers competing in a 24 hour race? :nervous:

Anyway, interesting camera phone pic by Richard Meaden of the car in the pits. Looks like they've made a last minute update and fitted a DBA-R35 style front grille. And slightly bigger DRLs... ;)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Bought the Michael Krumm book, but don't think it will help me that much..old dog etc
Be interesting to watch some of it too.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point about TV coverage. I've just looked at Nissan's press release and the good news if you have Sky (or Virgin?) is that it will be on Motors TV:

"
LIVE TV COVERAGE
The Dubai 24 Hours will receive extensive LIVE coverage on Motors TV, which is broadcast across Europe.
Look out for the on-board footage from the GT Academy Nissan 370Z and the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3!
Provisional Motors TV LIVE Schedule:
Thursday 12 January
1615-1730 Dubai (1315-1430 CET) Qualifying
1800-2000 Dubai (1500-1700 CET) Night Prac.ce
Friday, 13 January
1300-1600 Dubai (1000-1300 CET) Grid walk, race start, 1st pit-stops
2100-0000 Dubai (1800-2100 CET) Race update
Saturday 14 January
0130-0200 Dubai (2230-2300 CET) Quick race update
1100-1500 Dubai (0800-1200 CET) Race end + interviews & podium ceremony
All times are subject to change so check lis.ngs on the day. A full highlights programme will also be
broadcast on Saturday night"

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Can't believe there hasn't been a single reply to this post. Nobody interested in a GT-R GT3 driven by an all-champion team of drivers competing in a 24 hour race? :nervous:

Anyway, interesting camera phone pic by Richard Meaden of the car in the pits. Looks like they've made a last minute update and fitted a DBA-R35 style front grille. And slightly bigger DRLs... ;)
Posted it here with little response as well:confused:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/159717-nissans-2012-racing-season-gets-underway-next-week-dubai.html

Dave:wavey:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
GT-R 3rd in qualifying:clap::clap:

The Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 will start the race from third place on the grid after a great drive from Michael Krumm. Considering this was Krumm's first time in the GT3 car it was a great performance.

"We had a tough start today as we had a few problems with the car but the guys did a great job to get it ready for qualifying," said Krumm. "The car worked very well and I am very impressed with the engine in particular. I love the GT-R and I love it even more now. We just need to keep it all together for the long race tomorrow."

Main Media  -  United Kingdom - Nissan Newsroom

Dave:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Decided to catch fire or something I think. Commentator said something about the exhaust being too hot and setting the lacquer on the carbon on fire so its got wheeled into the garage

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Decided to catch fire or something I think. Commentator said something about the exhaust being too hot and setting the lacquer on the carbon on fire so its got wheeled into the garage
Yes saw that, here is what the website recorded:

13-01 15:29 32 A6 32 JRM NISSAN is having some problems with their exhaust they now trying to fix it
13-01 14:44 32 A6 32 JRM NISSAN problems with the suspension
13-01 14:25 32 A6 32 JRM NISSAN changing tires

Running again now though 62nd

Dave.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im English but live in Dubai and plan on buying a GTR next month.

I went to the race today and loved seeing the GTR going round. After about 2 hours I saw blue smoke coming out of it from the right hand side, dunno what that was about.

Theres some very quick cars there...all sorts Dodge viper, SLS, F430, 458, Gallardo, 911 etc

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Curious do they change the engine oil in a 24 hour race, or does it last the distance?

Anders

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're out altogether. :bawling:
Mainly due to damage in a collision early on, according to Michael Krumm's Tweet.

A great shame, but it's early days for the GT3. The GT1 didn't do well in its first season, then went on to win the drivers' championship overall last year!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Shame that looked promising for a while, anyone know the spec of the GT3? I'm assuming it's not allowed 4WD? but does it run the V6 and at what power?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Update from JRM on Facebook:bawling:

Following a great qualifying performance, JRM was hopeful of a good result in the GT3 GT-R's first 24-hour event. However, early on in the race a Lamborghini misjudged its braking and clouted the front left-hand corner of the Nissan. With traffic all around him and nowhere to go, Michael - who was first to drive - found the car pulling to one side and, after a few more laps, brought the car into the pits to be checked. The bent parts were changed, but the damage sustained started to cause other problems during the rest of Michael's, then Alex's and Frank's stints. The impact eventually led to a broken radiator mounting, which meant the coolant then leaded out and the head gasket blew. Therefore, the team reluctantly had no choice but to retire the car after five hours. However, they were delighted that, when it was running, the new GT3 GT-R consistently set some of the fastest laps and sector times overall and all of the drivers said it had the ability to win. Next time!

Dave.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Strange that they took the decision not to change the gasket and send it back out anyway to gather race condition data? I guess they didn't want it to finish at the back of the grid...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts