GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

from the article:
This video shows a modified Nissan GT-R 4.3L GT800+ suffering a tire blowout on a highway at 203 mp/h (327 kp/h). Luckily the driver managed to control the car, making sure that it reached the side of the road without putting other motorists at risk.

4 pictures and video

·
Registered
945 Posts
I always thought if a tyre blow at that speed you wouldn't be able to walk out of the car!

i guess i was wrong!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Most people would hit the brakes and get thrown off the road by the opposite front tyre gripping, common mistake.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Credit where it's due, the guy did not panic. He kept the car straight and let it naturally slow down.

Keeping calm and using sense kept that from being a real nasty accident.

Jase.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Credit where it's due, the guy did not panic. He kept the car straight and let it naturally slow down.

Keeping calm and using sense kept that from being a real nasty accident.

Jase.
I honestly dont think the drive gets that credit, I think the car does. Good point made above though, about not using the brakes

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would be an absolute idiot to drive those speeds on the road. Funny how people think they are invincible in a GTR
I live in Germany, the place that still has a few stretches of unlimited public motorways. It's not uncommon for me to push the car beyond 300kph when circumstances allow. Of course speed can kill but this guy shows that you can almost always help yourself if you expect the unexpected and react accordingly.... Well done to the driver, kept his cool and reacted perfectly....

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
You would be an absolute idiot to drive those speeds on the road. Funny how people think they are invincible in a GTR
I live in Germany, the place that still has a few stretches of unlimited public motorways. It's not uncommon for me to push the car beyond 300kph when circumstances allow. Of course speed can kill but this guy shows that you can almost always help yourself if you expect the unexpected and react accordingly.... Well done to the driver, kept his cool and reacted perfectly....
No no no no no no SPEED does NOT kill, as you say the lack of driver skill is the main killer and of course people not concentrating on what they are doing when driving and thinking they are still sitting on their sofa eating Popcorn or putting their make up on. :flame::flame::flame:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I travel twice a year for 800km through Germany and most areas of MAIN Autobahns have 3 lines and some even 4...

I did 325km/m on couple very long straights arround Hanover and it was during late evening/night time with very little traffic arround so in my opinion it was "safe" so I do not uderstand all this comments and assumptions...bad luck with the tyre can happen at any speed, of course doing 325km/m will always increase the risk, I have OEM R070 and I stick with them as new ones arrived last week as they do the job very well...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Most stretches of the Autobahns are two lanes, doing 200+ and if a lorry pulls into the fast lane to over take that would be a massive crash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZHA4TfN2yU

Not everyone has supreme driver skill.

That was just pure bad driving with really shite reactions, the guy should not be doing that speed if he has the reactions of a striking slug lol

I say fair play to the guy in the gtr, he did very well to control that at that speed as the slightest hit on the brake or jerk of the wheel would have made the car spiral down the motorway
As for the speed well if in Germany it's not illegal and he proved he could handle it when the need arose so can't see anything wrong with it

Let's be honest here a majority of you on here have broke speed limits and no doubt done some crazy stuff 'myself included' you never bought one of these cars to poodle about like miss daisy did you !!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts