GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was booked in as the owner felt the car was starting to lack its colour and gloss.

AND BOY WAS HE RIGHT :doublesho
I am sure the pics will do all the talking and more...

Robbie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
OMG :bawling: had it been washed with a brillo pad on a number of previous occasions? :flame:

Nice work on the refurb Robbie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
What an improvement! Had the owner been using the supermarket car wash people???

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And this was caused by using a harsh car cover.

You have been warned.

Robbie

·
Registered
580 Posts
that's a terrilble way of treating your GTR and so good you saved this one! :thumbsup:

How long time did you use on this job? Very impressive! :D

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's a terrilble way of treating your GTR and so good you saved this one! :thumbsup:

How long time did you use on this job? Very impressive! :D
Thank you

This car took approx 16 hours machine time alone to complete.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Nice Job.

Its amazing what relatively trivial actions can cause swirls to appear particularly on soft paint and even worse with black cars.

I have inflicted further swirls on my car (I think) by using a drying towel that was past its best.

I've now started to use the old CD test with most things I use...rub whatever media you are using on a CD - if its slightly scratching the disk then assume its doing the same to your clear coat.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so how much would that cost to recover the way you did so brilliantly?
Usually the GTR package comes in at £450.00 but I did charge an extra £100.00 on this one as alot more hours were required.

Robbie

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Job.

Its amazing what relatively trivial actions can cause swirls to appear particularly on soft paint and even worse with black cars.

I have inflicted further swirls on my car (I think) by using a drying towel that was past its best.

I've now started to use the old CD test with most things I use...rub whatever media you are using on a CD - if its slightly scratching the disk then assume its doing the same to your clear coat.
Your right.

You must be equally careful drying as you must washing.
I have tested alot of towels to find the one I use now :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Nice work , how deep did you have to cut what cutting compounds did you use?

I hope he burns the cover and sponge and I assume you tought him the ways of the two bucket method?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice work , how deep did you have to cut what cutting compounds did you use?

I hope he burns the cover and sponge and I assume you tought him the ways of the two bucket method?

Luckily for the owner there wasnt alot of deep scratches it was more surface marks.
2 hits with Menz IP did the trick and yes I did give him the low down on a safe wash technique :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Registered
129 Posts
And this was caused by using a harsh car cover.

You have been warned.

Robbie
Am I missing something...surely this was due to using a shoddy supermaket car wash?

How would a car cover do that? even a poor quality hand towel would take serious rubbing to inflict that damage...the chap must have been popeye...!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Am I missing something...surely this was due to using a shoddy supermaket car wash?

How would a car cover do that? even a poor quality hand towel would take serious rubbing to inflict that damage...the chap must have been popeye...!
Picture the scenario:

You have a dirty car and place a cover over it, then every morning you pull the cover off the car allowing it to drag over the cars soft paint and all the dirt and grit gets dragged over it also.
6 months down the line you have what is pictured above :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Registered
129 Posts
Picture the scenario:

You have a dirty car and place a cover over it, then every morning you pull the cover off the car allowing it to drag over the cars soft paint and all the dirt and grit gets dragged over it also.
6 months down the line you have what is pictured above :thumbsup:

Robbie
Damn!! I'm glad I dont cover my car so.

Job well done by the looks of things :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts