GTR Forum banner

Nissan GT-R Switzer P800 vs Hayabusa (Insane)

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Jacey Boy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
the car and bike are more or less equal. the car pulls away at the very top end because all Hayabusas made after 2001 have speed limiters that kick in at 300kph.

That Switzer kit is damned impressive. You spend 3,4,5 times that much bringing a Skyline GT-R up to 700hp at the wheels. Just wonder how well it holds up...

#14 ·
it's a bolt-on kit, any competent garage could install the bits. Doesn't even crack the engine open or anything. It's about as intensive as say, upgrading an RB26 to N1 turbos.

#15 ·
I was suprised earlier at the Brands round of the time attack this year, they had a car vs bike shoot out, Olly Clarke in his crazy quick Impreza vs a Superstock 600cc bike (bascically stock show room with suspension and brake upgrade's allowed+ i think ecu but no internal tweaking). I'm a biker (and GTR owner:clap:) and TBO i thought the car would comfortably be quicker.........wrong, the young guy riding the bike was well talented and he put in a 50. something sec, Olly came out and after his warm up laps binned it at paddock, bare in mind that the bike ran quicker than Olly's best time that day (hence i think the pressure and therefore the accident). The round at Oulton earlier in the summer he went up against a BSB superbike and amazingly the bike was approx 2 SECONDS a lap quicker. Now we all know that Ultimately a car will beat a bike (FI vs GP), however Olly's car has proven to be the fastest tuned car in this country (round a track) for the last couple of year's, so Don't go underestimating bike's!

#16 ·
bikes can be right quick, but a lot more depends on the rider, than in a car. Bone stock Hayabusas can crack into the high 9s...but you need to be fairly practiced with dragging bikes.

A BSB and especially a WSBK-prepped bike with a top rider is going to be hard to beat around a track. But there was a good video put up awhile back with a Ducati 1098 versus an R35 - the bike was far quicker in the straights, but the car made it all back and then some in the corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.