GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies that this has taken some time to post up.

Guy has agreed to take on a role to look after the interests of GTROC members and also GTR Register free users with regard the Nissan GTR. Whilst the role will be to champion the causes of the car and take them to Nissan it is not a vehicle for every gripe, whinge and complaint about the car, or your car in particular. Nissan do monitor this forum and we do have an excellent and long standing relationship with them, as such this will continue and nothing has changed. Where the new role will help is in coordinating issues and presenting the agreed views of this forum. We all take on roles in our spare time and it will be Guy's decision which issues require his intervention so do not PM him with issues or add 'maybe Guy can.....' to threads, that is not what the role is for.

Personally I think this is a good step and have known Guy for many years. His experience of the new GTR both on and off track is exceptional as is his experience of other cars, including Skylien GTRs. He is also extremely knowledgable with regards the car and has met representatives from Nissan on numerous occasions.

I hope you will all welcome Guy to this role and allow him to run the role as he sees fit and let him decide what issues require his involvement.

Thank you
John Fuggles
Chairman
GTR Owners Club

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Seems like a well chosen role and advocate to me....
:smokin:
Welcome back and good luck Guy :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats (or should that be commisserations?) Guy.

I hope us R35'ers don't make life too difficult for you.

Can i get the ball rolling on issues:

The sat-nav cars were £1900 extra - whilst the system appears (after 3 days use) to be fairly well integrated (ie speed cameras, points of interest), there is no current HPC knowledge of how and when the databases will be updated, and whether this is a free (which i think it should be for a certain time) or pay service. Can you obtain some answers to these points?

David

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I think you've missed the point right from the start! This IS NOT an opportunity for you to list any complaints you might have and it IS NOT Guy's role to take these on. I thought I explained that normal conversations and siscussions would be the order of the day and if it was felt that an issue was suffiently weighty then Guy would pick it up, manage it and deal with it as he sees fit. I thought I explained it well enough? :confused:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
John

How can you/the club/Guy know whether a problem is "weighty" unless it is voiced?

I am sure 99.9% of nav owners are wondering the same as me!

D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Guy - congrats on the recognition.

Having read a few of your posts i'm sure you'll be a good advocate / representative for us R35 owners.

Must admit i'm not 100% sure what your role is to be but i'm sure all will come clear in time :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Guy - nice work and congrats! Now, about those handles to pull the boot shut with and the squeaky brakes..oooops, just kidding :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How can you/the club/Guy know whether a problem is "weighty" unless it is voiced?
No problem with you raising an issue, but suggest it's done under a specific thread as this one is about the role. If there is enough of a discussion to warrent it then it will be taken up. Just posting up "Can you obtain some answers to these points?" is not what the role is. I thought I made that very clear. Start a new thread and if there is enough of a voice of discontent it will be addressed. One complaint is not what it's about.

Guy is doing this in his spare time and will deal with issues that are of concern to a large number of people who feel the same. Remember, we are a not for profit organisation manned by volunteers alone and not a professional secretariat

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
As John has now relayed, I am pleased to be able to take up a role to assist all the R35 Owners in communications with Nissan.

For those that don't know me, I have previously owned R32, R33 and R34 GTRs and now own a UK R35. I have been around GTRs from the earliest stages of the Club/Forum and am actually Member No.2 of the GTROC. I am also lucky enough to have owned cars from other marques such as Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini, so I am well aware of what people should expect from a Supercar manufacturer and of how the competition treats it's customers.

How the R35 fits into both the Club and the Forum has already raised some issues, such as the separate chit-chat forum etc. John was very aware that none of the GTR Club Officials own a UK R35 and was therefore concerned that they weren't able to fully represent the issues without the understanding that ownership brings. Thats why I agreed to help, to the extent that I can.

What you can be sure of is that I will be vocal in my aims to address what I consider to be real issues that affect the UK GTR Owners. We can also be sure that Nissan will listen. They have just recently proved beyond doubt that do understand the Owners concerns, in the way that they have amended the warranty and maintenance terms.

What I am not going to do though is spend my time trying to get Nissan to answer a list of petty technical questions, as were raised when the GTR first arrived. Most questions should of course first be directed at the supplying HPC. I doubt very much that Nissan want me to be calling them regularly, nor do I have the time to do so, so I'd like any contacts to be worth making.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As John has now relayed, I am pleased to be able to take up a role to assist all the R35 Owners in communications with Nissan.

For those that don't know me, I have previously owned R32, R33 and R34 GTRs and now own a UK R35. I have been around GTRs from the earliest stages of the Club/Forum and am actually Member No.2 of the GTROC. I am also lucky enough to have owned cars from other marques such as Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini, so I am well aware of what people should expect from a Supercar manufacturer and of how the competition treats it's customers.

How the R35 fits into both the Club and the Forum has already raised some issues, such as the separate chit-chat forum etc. John was very aware that none of the GTR Club Officials own a UK R35 and was therefore concerned that they weren't able to fully represent the issues without the understanding that ownership brings. Thats why I agreed to help, to the extent that I can.

What you can be sure of is that I will be vocal in my aims to address what I consider to be real issues that affect the UK GTR Owners. We can also be sure that Nissan will listen. They have just recently proved beyond doubt that do understand the Owners concerns, in the way that they have amended the warranty and maintenance terms.

What I am not going to do though is spend my time trying to get Nissan to answer a list of petty technical questions, as were raised when the GTR first arrived. Most questions should of course first be directed at the supplying HPC. I doubt very much that Nissan want me to be calling them regularly, nor do I have the time to do so, so I'd like any contacts to be worth making.
Guy

respect and great news man! I wish you success for this role / responsibility

I am not concerned about failures, or I won't bother you by the fact I did have to replace my transmission and engine, and that it lead to frustration,

i do sincerely hope that you could come to the keypoint that is now missing from Nissan:

COMMUNICATION!

All the marketing efforts were focussed on creating a hype: BIG success! (congrats for that Nissan)

The known engine problems for example, why not telling,
"
hey guys we noticed there was a production failure with engines in cars from x - xxx, we will replace it, however please understand as the engine is build manually that we need some time in order to increase production capacity."

No instead they are caught in speed by the internet / users / GT-R owners that are using forums like GTROC to share experiences.

So Guy hope you will be the guy who will inform us and who will get some empowerment of Nissan!

Good luck M8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts