GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it was time to change my 2010 gtr i was looking around what was out there.. The jaguar f-type 3.0 litre v6 caught my eye.. It looks the business and with the main agent on my doorstep i was very tempted.

In the end i went with 2018 gtr anybody have any experience of the jag maybe next time round,,,,

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've recently just bought a jaguar xfr with the supercharged 5.0 litre v8 engine in it. That thing can definitely move and it's a completely different power delivery compared to my r33. Had looked at the f types before going for the xfr. Only really settled on it because I thought I might as well get the v8 out of my system before the gov taxes them off the road!!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Having driven a few F-types and owned a 4.25 GTR for the last 3 years or so, here are my thoughts;

3.0 V6 - Nope. Good sound, poor performance.
V8 - Nope. Great sound, tricky when wet.
V8 AWD - Maybe - Not GTR performance or feel but very fun and great performance.

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
We test drove a few options of the F-type, the ultimate reason for not buying was the poor reliability scores and bad reputation of dealer support.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wouldn't touch the V6. The V8 is very capable but as said, lively in RWD.

Rarely do I get sweaty palms whilst driving but was the case with a early V8 R.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
As it was time to change my 2010 gtr i was looking around what was out there.. The jaguar f-type 3.0 litre v6 caught my eye.. It looks the business and with the main agent on my doorstep i was very tempted.

In the end i went with 2018 gtr anybody have any experience of the jag maybe next time round,,,,

Jaguar Dealers like this one don't help reputations either....:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts