GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yep had my optimisation done there no issues with the service, from what I obseved through the MOT viewing area Gary was very thorough and careful with my baby :thumbsup:

·
Registered
938 Posts
if you ask nicely Gary might accompany you for a drive in your car with the laptop plugged in and then he can adjust the clutch settings to your preference

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had my optimisation, 6K and 12K services with these guys. Top notch service and Gary came out with me in my car, plugged his laptop in and patiently waited for me to get the right settings tuned in.

Costs seem reasonable too. My 12K only came to £350 which was much less than I expected plus I got to drive their 370z for the day which was allot of fun in the wet. Just don't ask them for tyres (£450 for the fronts and £750 for the rears!!!). I went for PZero’s instead, all four fitted cost £1,100.

All in all, highly recommended.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had my optimisation, 6K and 12K services with these guys. Top notch service and Gary came out with me in my car, plugged his laptop in and patiently waited for me to get the right settings tuned in.

Costs seem reasonable too. My 12K only came to £350 which was much less than I expected plus I got to drive their 370z for the day which was allot of fun in the wet. Just don't ask them for tyres (£450 for the fronts and £750 for the rears!!!). I went for PZero’s instead, all four fitted cost £1,100.

All in all, highly recommended.
Excellent to hear positive news. I'll ask Gary to come out on the 6k service to tune the gearbox next time.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had my first optimisation. No problems at all.

I took my 10 year old daughter with me. She tapped them for two hot chocolate drinks and several biscuits, and bent the poor mans ear about Hannah Montanna for ages.

Gary was dilligent, meticulous and professional.

I'm amazed that I can tell the difference between Race and Sport setup, but I can. The tyres will last a bit longer at least.

Highly recommended, and I will be having my services and optimisations here.

Cheers lads!

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
oxford consierge

has anyone used the consierge service with west way how was it oh and also has anyone had a y pipe fitted withe them got my 6 month service coming up

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's not what they said to me. If you want to make a complete arse of yourself in public, and reduce power, carry on! Was the line I think. :)
Good one. They are saying the Y-pipe reduces power? No intention of modifying the car mechanically whatsoever.

I did ask them would they fit they Day Running Lights - NO again. Perfectly understandable - will have to do this myself at somepoint.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good one. They are saying the Y-pipe reduces power? No intention of modifying the car mechanically whatsoever.

I did ask them would they fit they Day Running Lights - NO again. Perfectly understandable - will have to do this myself at somepoint.
I'm not going to change anything. Its brilliant as it is! :clap:

I learnt my lesson with my Mitsubishi GTO Twin turbo. It has everything. Larger injectors, larger turbos, front mounted intercooler, Supra fuel pump, la la la la. Pretty quick, but not as much fun as when it only had 300bhp.
There is always a trade off between numbers you can boast about, and drivability. Nissan have spent millions upon millions of dollars developing Godzilla. I don't think some guy in an industrial unit in the midlands can do better for a couple of hundred! LOL

Sorry for ranting a bit, but its nice to have a proper conversation with an actual R35 owner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
They are a top bunch of guys from my experience.

On the point about Y-pipes, I asked if they had listened to a car fitted with one. "Leave that for the 20 year old that buys it 15 years from now" was the comment I received. Had to chuckle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Post 6k service - No probs with Gary et al - all very welcoming.:)

Only issue - the Nissan pricing of oil etc. Seems a common theme....

·
Registered
438 Posts
Optimisation ok anything else deff no :mad:
Is that text speak MG owner? :)

My car is a standard Black Edition SATNAV car with Tracker - great playing with all the toys again today. Music box is great + Ipod interface. Oh and it goes very quick too. :)

Anyway, will speak to Mel tomorrow at Westway and book the car in for the 6 month service (2500 miles).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts