GTR Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Was with GTR.

Don't you mean Metro? Jealousy a cruel mistress!

No appreciate Lichfields as they deff know what they are doing. Trust me if you had my experience you would feel the same.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Was with GTR.

Don't you mean Metro? Jealousy a cruel mistress!

No appreciate Lichfields as they deff know what they are doing. Trust me if you had my experience you would feel the same.
You need to say more about Westway. Can't make judgements on heresay.

I doubt you could handle Metro power - especially the howling V6 - I miss that 400bhp shove in the arse in a car that weighs 1000 kilos. :)

Not jelous of your MG at all - got it all out of my system and I tell you its the best thing I did. Nothing wrong with the Maestro - but not for me I'm afraid.

Always looked at the Litchfield site for new Missbitchi EVO's or Subaru Scoobies - but not servicing. Maybe I should look at them again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had my 12k service there and no real problems.
Although I did have a chat with their top mechanic who told me that replacing gtc downpipes was an engine out job! - I don't think so.
They were also only supplying Dunlop tyres because they had an exclusive deal with a supplier - but none of the cost saving was passed to the punters. They would fit the bridgestones but I had to supply!
Bit worrying really.
On the positive side they were better at basic customer service than the awful middlehurst who just seem to busy to provide any kind of customer care.
And..... Last rant why the hell are the hpc's not on a common database so they all have the history of the car at their finger tips! Not good enough in this day an age.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well it's been a while. I have just over 5000 miles on her now, and she'll need servicing again at the end of September (12month).

I can't decide on HPC or Litchfields.

The drivers door window rattles like a stack of pans when I close the door. Thanks go to Marshalls HPC of Cambridge for that one.
I have a dashboard rattle, thanks to Tracker for that.
I have 3 stone chips in the front screen and approximately 1 million stone chips on the rest of the car. So thanks to the department for transport for that.

If anyone else wants a crack at destroying my car, step right up.
If anyone wants to make a joke about damaging my car, be very careful. You are not funny. You are a pathetic low life. Piss up a rope, and hang yourself with it. If you finally manage to lose your virginity, ever, you may see things differently. ******s!

And all those arse holes who seem to think it would be funny to knock my wing mirror off by passing me just inside my lane, coming the opposite direction, I will drive squarely into the front of your vehicle. No joke!

Why am I ranting? I must be tired. ;)

I think thinking about having my car serviced makes me angry, because I have never had a good service. Ever. I service my own cars when they are out of warranty. That way I know its been done, the parts were changed, great care was taken, and it didn't cost anything.

Nobody cares. It's a shame.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Can you expand on why?

They wouldn't let me have a look at the underside of my car whilst up on the ramp, having told me that the supplying HPC (in Newcastle) had not PDI'd my car!!!

This was probably bullshit and sour grapes coz I wouldn't be bullied into buying one from them.

The car they had had 5k miles on the clock, and horribly grooved brake disks with a big lip at the disk edge. Gary said that they were fine! Not!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Terrible experience there, don't want to use them in future. Poor service, nowhere to park. I commented on this to Nissan in their customer questionnaire. Now considering Litchfields but apprehensive of going outside of the HPC network while still under warranty based upon Nissan's attitude to customers in the past and not wanting to give them more of an opportunity to evade warranty issues.

I wish Nissan UK would just have a central GTR facility on one of their manufacturing sites with great technicians and facilities for the enthusiast. I don't want to fear parking my car at a dealership and squeeze it into a tiny space for Joe public to park alongside when looking at the latest Micra. Lotus offer this so why don't Nissan look at this approach? I don't have faith in the car collection service so have to travel anyway so why not to somewhere that would make the experience better!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts