GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to let you know I have been looking into Parts Price For my R33 and Fish Bros In Reading who are the main Nissan dealer for the aira Tel No 0118 931 9530.

Are looking to get into Servesing of Skyline and to help them do this they have got a Chap from Nissan, who was with the Team that Ran the 7*R34 Press cars.

the Chaps Name is Tony and came across very helpfull, together with the Parts Manager Jeremy Davies they seem more than happy to help!

Tony is trying to get the Workshop Manuals that are in English that were used to look after the press R34's in London!

He also would be very intrested to come along to the Dyno Day if thats OK Guy?

I think that having People with in side infomation will be very usefull, I know that people that have cars with exstenive Mods will of course want to stay with there tuning houses! but there is always ordery type work that may be better suited and less exspenive don else were.

For us that like to do a bit of spanner work, it's good to have someone to get infomation from and as there is very little writen down about the sevicing of skyline's we need all the help we can get!

Even one of the fitters at Midehurst said that they only new because they don it before!

Tony has meet the main people behind the Skyline and has some very good contacts out in Nissan Japan and he loves the cars!!

I am sure he has some good storys to tell about the Press as well.

I am meeting him on Friday so I will know a little bit more then

Regards

Bruce

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I Agree with you Guy, and would not like to it to happen to me!

As This cahp is realy only a Fitter working for Nissan who was very lukey to have had the chance to run around in the Press R34's all over the country side, I think that he realy does not care that much about the Dealer side as he will get paid what ever car he works on!

My thoughts were from more from the point of view that like minded people work well together!

When I see him on Friday I will Exstened the invite and hope he will be able to make it!!

Bruce

·
Registered
395 Posts
Skyline service

Bruce,

Wish I'd known about this before the Kemble meeting. :rolleyes:

I’ve been looking for someone to service my car in Germany for years now. :mad:

While I was in England 2 weeks ago I could have had them service my car as I was staying in Reading that week. :eek:

Not only that they service my dads Nissan Almera :) since they opened a few months ago, and told him that I would need to send the car to Middlehurst in Liverpool as they are the only Nissan dealer in Europe that can Service Nissan Skylines. :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think that this mite have been true then!

As Tony has only just joined there team and they really want to be able to use his some Five years of Skyline Knowledge.

I have just been down to pick up a Cam belt form them and Tony was saying how he was one of the team that Preped the UK R34!

As Guy has now given is aprovel for him to come along to the Dyno Day I think he will be able to come along. and I am sure we all will be able to benafit from his Nissan Japan contacts!

I must add that there is still a gray airea about Warranty work as Midlehust are the only true people that can do this but as it is some 700miles around trip who wants to use up 10% of there servies intervel going to St helens??

I was also given the work shop tour they have a very nice set up!

But they are not going into the Tunning Business so it will be serviceing only!!

Skilining I will ask if they will send the Transporter over to colect your car for the service and drop it back!! :D

they can send parts out though!!

Regards Bruce

·
Registered
395 Posts
Skyline Service

Bruce,

I’m going to bug Nissan Germany, again this weekend at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

But thanks for the info.

Regards Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts