GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get one of these???

Credit to Newera for the pic - it's the only pic I can find of this steering wheel - and it's currently fitted to a very gorgeous looking R33 Gtr that they have for sale.

Can my local, friendly Nissan dealer supply me one?

Any info would be good

Steve

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yes you should be able to get it from your local Nissan dealer as it was fitted to Series 3 cars.

But expect Nissan to whack their premium on the already high MOMO price, and above all they'll want a chassis and model number.

If someone with a series 3 can you help you on here with the above, then i can't see it being an issue sourcing one.

I'm sure loads of others are interested in this, but have never taken it further.

Bear in mind, you'll also have to buy the airbag aswell, as the normal R33 airbag is different.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Yes, i think the STI V4 or 5

Wonder if the fitment is totally the same as the GTR

·
Banned
2 Posts
EASTERN TRADE Co.,Ltd.
We export valuable used cars Directly from Japan. We have Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Mitsubishi, etc.
Sincerity and Honesty is our policy.
Now, followign cars is most recommendable.
NISSAN FIGARO "TURBO OPEN GEAR"<USD 3,000FOB>
91Y AT AC PW PS CD 1186000Km
E-FK-10 009525

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
easternsk said:
EASTERN TRADE Co.,Ltd.
We export valuable used cars Directly from Japan. We have Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Mitsubishi, etc.
Sincerity and Honesty is our policy.
Now, followign cars is most recommendable.
NISSAN FIGARO "TURBO OPEN GEAR"<USD 3,000FOB>
91Y AT AC PW PS CD 1186000Km
E-FK-10 009525
welcome to the forum, can I get you a traders account??:)

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
PMSL!!!

Saw this the other day, but refrained from saying anything. Thought the mods would have "sorted" it by now!!!

Steve i think you've found a place who can source you one!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
be aware that make sure you get the correct boss that acomodates hicas, overwise the changing of you steering wheel stuffs it up....

·
Registered
390 Posts
be aware that make sure you get the correct boss that acomodates hicas, overwise the changing of you steering wheel stuffs it up....
so the HICAS is on the steering boss ? I have heard that if i change that original wheel i will loose HICAS ? Is that correct ? OH and car is 32gtr..

·
Registered
889 Posts
That is not correct.
If you change the original steering wheel you must use a hicas steering wheel boss.
Nismo has one both for the cars vith drivers airbag and one for dual airbags.
Make shure you get the right one and the problem is solved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Terje.

·
Registered
390 Posts
That is not correct.
If you change the original steering wheel you must use a hicas steering wheel boss.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Terje.
i dont have airbag at all...

So nismo is onlyone who makes that kind of steering boss ?

·
Registered
597 Posts
so the HICAS is on the steering boss ? I have heard that if i change that original wheel i will loose HICAS ? Is that correct ? OH and car is 32gtr..
That is not correct.

Hope this helps.
For non-airbagged R32 gtr, you just need to get hicas boss, it will have either 2 opposing square holes which accomodates hicas protusion. HKB & other noss manufactureres make them, try ebay.

The wheel shown is an OE type for R33 and i guess its a one piece that doen't require separate boss.

·
Registered
597 Posts
ps - some have 4 cutouts.

pps - if you do change or remove std one, try not to disturbe the position of protusion, driven wheels pointing straight & battery off, do a search for more info on hicas resetting.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
We can source new original Nissan parts to order.
They'll ask a high price for parts like this though. Better to just lose the airbag and fit a nicer Momo wheel IMHO.

Miguel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a HKB boss and it 'flat' connection to the hub on the car so the horn wouldn't work!
This mean the hicas wont either?
(not meaning to hijack!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts