GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank's Nissan , what a great day , good food , great company & even greater car's , :thumbsup: The GT-R race between the instructors was top , for all you guy's still to go , its wicked , and if you cannot make it PM me , and i'll take your place & even at short notice post on your goddie bag ;0)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I second that. Cant think of a better way to spend a morning!!

Just a buggar that I didn't do the autotest 0.6secs quicker or I would have been in the top 3. Oh well, top day anyway:clap::clap:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Do you get passenger laps with instructors driving GTR's?

Do you drift in 370z's of 350z's?

how much driving time?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes , about 15mins drifting a 370Z , then a lap in a 350Z with their pro driver , next 4 laps you driving a 370Z ,then about 4 laps in GT-R in standard set up , next same in all 3 race settings , then a two lap race with the instructors driving , also you get all driving recorded in video on a mem stick to take home , + a jacket + couple of pic's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Race Academy was an absolutely amazing day. Nissan have done us proud by putting on such a great event for their customers. There is simply no better way to advertise xactly what the GTR is capable of than to put it through all it's paces on the track.
The whole day from beginning to end was perectly executed and exciting. The instructors are top drawer and genuinely want you to push the car to its limit's (and a little beyond!).
The instructor race was truly mental and the GTR in race mode was simply stunning.
I managed to get thru to the finals on 4th Nov, which was a welcome surprise, so i get to do it all over again!
Thanks again Nissan for this - far and away the best manufacturer driving day i have been on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nissan, I commend you!!

The day was fantastic, it just got better and better. Both the 370 and GTR were great fun, and I'm amazed how tough they are under the abuse of the drifting and instructor race, let alone my little off road excursion!

They really did their brand proud, and demonstrated their awesome products to the max.

Great fun had by me and my guest!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Agree with all - the organisation, event management - all top notch...and being located next to the Porsche driving experience centre was just brilliant...the barbeque in the bonnet of an old 911 was another interesting touch. As per the other comments, the actual amount of driving done on the Silverstone F1 practice circuit was far more than I expected and the sprint time of 26 seconds was enough for me to leave the circuit with a smile on my face - well done Nissan UK.....sadly I didn't get a chance to have a rant at David Jackson (Nissan UK) about lack of info about my (and other's) car......Lucas (Playstation Academy winner) was also on hand to take us for a spin in his 350Z...the definition of late breaking is now clear to me.....

When the instructors were racing, I literally held on to the door handle - it was bonkers...car pushed to its absolute limit.

Excellent idea with the USB stick - all 3 drives are recorded and the GUI interface is slick once you plug the USB stick into your PC...two way camera showing driver and track, plus main dials from MFD.

EXCELLENT DAY for those waiting to attend.

Enjoy
Prashan

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I think I should get to go again :bawling:

It pee'd down last year and I drove like an old lady

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any readers going on the 8th october day ? Morning session ? From what I've read the session is going to be incredible? Very much looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
what a day!!!!!

thats us just back! what can i say nissan you have surpassed yourselfs,had the best day out,all staff on hand where first class,i could go on all day.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jim

You can have my place.

I didnt go to the last one and they have re-invited me.

Cant be asked. Got the car and thats all I wanted.

Its booked for the 23rd Oct morning session. Had to cancel the 18th Sept.

Tariq

Thank's Nissan , what a great day , good food , great company & even greater car's , :thumbsup: The GT-R race between the instructors was top , for all you guy's still to go , its wicked , and if you cannot make it PM me , and i'll take your place & even at short notice post on your goddie bag ;0)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hiya all guys!

I got my race day on Wednesday. Does anyone know whether the accompanying guest can take photos or even video of the driving? If not, then won't bother taking camera.

Also, anyone know why they aren't giving the helmets anymore? Would've loved one of those!!!! I assume they are giving jackets instead now. :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hiya all guys!

I got my race day on Wednesday. Does anyone know whether the accompanying guest can take photos or even video of the driving? If not, then won't bother taking camera.

Also, anyone know why they aren't giving the helmets anymore? Would've loved one of those!!!! I assume they are giving jackets instead now. :(
Take all the pic's you like , video is in car , but the guest could video you drifting LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interesting fact, I used the white GTR on this test and having analysed the memory stick a few times the 0-60 was 4.5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Any readers going on the 8th october day ? Morning session ? From what I've read the session is going to be incredible? Very much looking forward to it.
I'm going on the 8th but the afternoon session.

Really looking forward to it now.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts