GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theirs a thing called NISSAN Skyline GTR R32 NISMO Charging Stabilizer what is it and wats does it do any ideas and does any one have one on ther car:confused:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Buy a proper one, mine is by Raizen, do they work? Who knows but its got pretty blue neons in it.
Supposed to level out voltage etc and provide a steady current.
I honestly cannot tell any difference but it looks good

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mention this before, But will say again.

Found a big study in the US on 350z when they came which the test was how much improvemant did occur when fitting a voltage kit on it.

The results were an increase in BHP figures of between 5bhp - 20bhp on the 10 ten plus cars they tested. They had different level of mods and were put on a dyno before and after to see the results.

They must be a good little mod for cheap money, As you see most US 350z's with them on and they are even sold form the forecourt with one fitted as standard in the US.

You can find the site under google with typing in something like Nismo charging system etc. Takes a bit of finding, But did my reasearch when I wanted one for my car. I know have one fitted and found no problems with the working of the car. I will say that the fuel pump charges up quicker on start up. Has now been on the car for over a year.

I will say that what other mod for £20 may give you 5-10 bhp extra.

Will have to find a dyno garage over here to test these units.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have not noticed any difference in fitting mine, albeit one of those off ebay!
I think sometimes you have to remove 'the' peformance part to remind you of the difference they make.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have no experience of this device but it sounds like snake oil to me.

Who made the tests? Rolling roads don't give *accurate* power figures anyway, and one run is always slightly different to the next. Play with the stats a little, get someone to do the marketing and off you go....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mention this before, But will say again.

Found a big study in the US on 350z when they came which the test was how much improvemant did occur when fitting a voltage kit on it.

The results were an increase in BHP figures of between 5bhp - 20bhp on the 10 ten plus cars they tested. They had different level of mods and were put on a dyno before and after to see the results.
Sorry mate, I can show you just as many studies which prove otherwise.

Like NickM said, were all other factors consistent between the tests: e.g intake / ambient temps? Barometric pressure? Tyre pressure?

At the end of the day, a grounding kit generally would make that much difference if the car's current setup is inadequate. If you have frayed / missed / damaged earths, then yes replacing them would make a significant difference.

snow: that one (usually sold on Ebay) is not a genuine Nismo product. You'd be better off getting several lengths of decent gauged power wire and wiring it yourself. Main one to consider would be the length between battery negative and ground.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Think your talking about earthing kit, snow is talking about charging stabilizers, two different things.
The Skyline does not have a stable voltage, as anyone with a sensitive voltmeter will tell you.
Whether correcting this will show up as a power increase is debateable, and possibly subject to the condition of your own cars electrical system.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry mate, I can show you just as many studies which prove otherwise.

Like NickM said, were all other factors consistent between the tests: e.g intake / ambient temps? Barometric pressure? Tyre pressure?

At the end of the day, a grounding kit generally would make that much difference if the car's current setup is inadequate. If you have frayed / missed / damaged earths, then yes replacing them would make a significant difference.

snow: that one (usually sold on Ebay) is not a genuine Nismo product. You'd be better off getting several lengths of decent gauged power wire and wiring it yourself. Main one to consider would be the length between battery negative and ground.

I know you might find other studies, But if you can be bothered to find the wedsite that tested the units on the 350z's in US it will show you the test runs not from one run, But they did a few runs without unit and a few runs with unit fitted.

All in all it's upto the person if you want to spend £20 on a unit that might give you a little gain, But all those little gains add up together to make a goal.

£20 is nothing in a mod these days. Spent more than that on the lottery this week. There must be some good in the units as most 350z's in US come with the unit fitted by the garage.

The earthing kit serves a different use to this unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts