GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need to get my girlfriend a car but she wants to mod it also so i choose her a Nissan Skyline for Christmas.She is is saving her own money to buy one but im getting her one for Christmas and she could use that money she was saving to buy mods for it.But i need a lil help i dont really know much about Skylines other than the fact they make a sporty fuel efficient car what year and liter meaning 2.0 2.6 etc is the best skyline to mod and get the most HP out of?And she is planning on getting a Stroker kit and Forged pistons for her car ,so what skyline would it be a R32-R33-R34 not going newer cause she dont want a newer vehicle past 02 so which one would it be?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About $60,000 a year.Not bad for workin at a mill well i am Super Intendent.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
sorry, budget, not wage packet

you've 60k waiting to buy a car, is it USD $ ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Food,Diesel,Truck Payment almost payed off and i live in a $30,000 house.And i still have spare pocket money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i make about $60,000 dollars a year thats my years income.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thye car cant be higher than 12 grand or i aint getting it and decent Skylines go for 9 grand where i live.So im pretty sure i can afford it.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
if you want economy, just get a 2.0

if you want a bit of both get a GTST

if you want power get a GTR

but you won't get them for $12,000

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a 1996 R33 2.6 i think and it was for $8,549 kinda of rusted though not bad.I might get her that.Anyways check this video out Nissan Skyline - Google Video this guy must have a different crankshaft,different Rods and Forged pistons what kind of turbo do u think is in that can be a twin can it?And is it a R33 or R34 and is it a 2.6 he might of just put a stroker kit in it and made it a 2.7.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
I found a 1996 R33 2.6 i think and it was for $8,549 kinda of rusted though not bad.I might get her that.Anyways check this video out Nissan Skyline - Google Video this guy must have a different crankshaft,different Rods and Forged pistons what kind of turbo do u think is in that can be a twin can it?And is it a R33 or R34 and is it a 2.6 he might of just put a stroker kit in it and made it a 2.7.
hmm, judging from that vid its running a 2.67 degree poncam, aluminium crankshaft, polyurethe rods and nylon pistons,, sounds like a Bean can on a Hoover Turbopower 2 turbine.

sounds like it may have been stroked by a japanese man at the docks.

also sound like a 3.2, not a 2.7

;)

mook

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So any guesses on the year?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a stroker kit for every Skyline no matter the year or engine liters and can u get forged pitons for most of them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No it was a curious question but name a list what u can do to a 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 to 900HP and are they a 2.6?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im just curious.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im just curious.Can u get a 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 up to 900HP?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My bad i by accident doubled my post.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Im just curious.Can u get a 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 up to 900HP?
yeah, stick an exhaust, chip and air filter on it and it'll exceed 900 horses easy

all R34's are 2.6 abart from the Bill Bailey models which were 2.7 and the Peter Kay's which were a massive 3 litres

mook

1 - 20 of 98 Posts