GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been lurking for a while and thought it about time I started asking some questions.

A bit of background - our aging Volvo 740 is now coming up on 220,000 miles, and having had discussion with 'she that must be obeyed' a replacement is due to be sourced. Now don't get me wrong, we love our Volvo and often fight to drive it - I usually loose and get to drive the horrible Clio. The reason we have the Volvo is two kids + camping + occasional trailer towing. Also the six foot long load area is great for moving stuff around.

Now I've been toying with the idea of chucking the Clio and getting a GTR, this has been veteod. {insert threats here}.

However today a chanced upon the Nissan Stagea. I have not found any specs on this car as such. Does anybody own one of these or can anybody supply more infor regarding the load space, insurance, alarm requirements and what took look out for in regards to obtaining one of these.

I would in truth opt for the Aston Vantage Estate, but I'm not made of money!!

Thanks

Mick

·
6,817 Posts
Hi Mick,

yeah it isn't easy at all . . . my wife gives me 1000 arguments every day to sell my Sky for a Suzuki Swift, damn !:mad:

I think since you considered a GTR ,you would like to get your hand on a more sporty version of the Stagea, depending on your budget there are some incredible Stageas out there. The current Model (I don't know if it can be imported to the UK or EU) has the tasty 3.5V6 from the 350Z or a more mild 200HP version too.

If you go for the oldschool Stagea there is the ultimate Wagon 260RS version with the RB26DETT engine, or if that might bust your budget you can go for the 2,5 Turbo too.

Quote:Series 1 (1996 to late 1998) came in 2l, 2.5l and 2.5l turbo engine choices (all RB series engines). It also has 2WD and 4WD variants. The 4WD system is similar in operation to the Nissan Skyline GTR. Engine power ranges from 114 kW in the 2l to 172 kW in the 2.5l turbo. The Series 1 is only availble in 4 speed auto.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Stagea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

I think it will an old skool Stagea 2.5 Turbo. Managed to get agreement from the other half after pointing out that decent 700 and 900 series Volvo's are becoming a rare item :D

Little does she know :p

Off to get quotes for insurance ect........

BR

Mick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts