GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
So the owners manual states in black and white the importance of transmission temperatures and the owner has option to clearly display temperature, so no excuse for it to go unnoticed especially if pushing car to it's limits on track days.

My default display includes engine and transmission temperature, this is for a road car never tracked or launched, perhaps it's my experience of working on cars for over 40 years that makes me consider these important ;)
They also fit a large see through windscreen, yet still fit radar, cruise control, lane departure etc etc.

If the temp is so important it should be configurable to be right infront of you, maybe even HUD. It's an afterthought given the importance of it.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,155 Posts
OK.. you appear to be getting carried away with the story, true or complete BS it really does not matter as it simply makes a point :rotz:
Oh, I see.

So you looking it up (and getting it wrong) to prove you were correct was okay, but me looking it up and proving I was correct is "getting carried away".

It's an urban myth, so have the good grace to admit you were wrong.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They also fit a large see through windscreen, yet still fit radar, cruise control, lane departure etc etc.

If the temp is so important it should be configurable to be right infront of you, maybe even HUD. It's an afterthought given the importance of it.
Well if you are right then he will win his day in court... and I will eat my hat :D

·
Registered
919 Posts

Wow how did you get one with Radar and lane departure warning? I would love Adaptive cruise control and traffic assist. Makes driving the Mrs' car so much easier than mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is all a bit frightening to me as I'm somebody that really took the plunge on a 17MY without really researching it too much. Somewhat foolishly it seems, having the Nissan warranty I thought would give me peace of mind, it appears not.

So, I have a trackday booked in late March and guess I need to get the car inspected before and after.

Any idea what Nissan charge for this?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Piss take ! They should deal with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I don't see it as a 'piss take', sometimes we have to forget the 'blame someone else culture' put on our big boy pants and accept responsibility for our actions.:eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't see it as a 'piss take', sometimes we have to forget the 'blame someone else culture' put on our big boy pants and accept responsibility for our actions.:eek:
I don't know what else to call it lol as when the car was bought, was new .. so how have I not been made aware the wheels have been re painted as thats what i believe has happened with the wheels paint job. The crack shouldn't really happen im sure many who have bought new would agree less than 2 years or driving and only 7k on clock not exactly excessively used.. They we're quick to take my money when I paid for the car .. lucky I paid 30k on a credit card and the remainder on debit card so will just claim through them if nissan aint going to take responsibility as they are not fit for the job.

Also them oem rear wheel cost £2,500 inc vat approx and that was directly supplied from nissan so not exactly thats without sensor and tyre lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
The warranty is there as much to protect the dealer as the customer (by giving them recourse against the manufacturer).

Warranty or not you still have consumer rights and the key one is that what you buy is of satisfactory quality. That is something that is readily testable by the courts so the easy answer is simply to sue for the costs that the dealer will not meet under warranty. Whether they should be paid or not has bugger all to do with the warranty and everything to do with your right as a customer under domestic and EU law to receive goods of satisfactory quality.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oh, I see.

So you looking it up (and getting it wrong) to prove you were correct was okay, but me looking it up and proving I was correct is "getting carried away".

It's an urban myth, so have the good grace to admit you were wrong.
Yep... still completely missing the point, I give up:rotz:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't know what else to call it lol as when the car was bought, was new .. so how have I not been made aware the wheels have been re painted as thats what i believe has happened with the wheels paint job. The crack shouldn't really happen im sure many who have bought new would agree less than 2 years or driving and only 7k on clock not exactly excessively used.. They we're quick to take my money when I paid for the car .. lucky I paid 30k on a credit card and the remainder on debit card so will just claim through them if nissan aint going to take responsibility as they are not fit for the job.

Also them oem rear wheel cost £2,500 inc vat approx and that was directly supplied from nissan so not exactly thats without sensor and tyre lol

I think you may have got confused and posted on wrong thread? :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Warranty Issues

This is all a bit frightening to me as I'm somebody that really took the plunge on a 17MY without really researching it too much. Somewhat foolishly it seems, having the Nissan warranty I thought would give me peace of mind, it appears not.

So, I have a trackday booked in late March and guess I need to get the car inspected before and after.

------------------------------------------------------

The inspection cost used to be c. £300 in total but this was a while ago.

You shouldn't worry. Most warranty issues should be straightforward and even after 3 years some major faults should be covered in whole or part by the manufacturer as long as its not wear and tear. Your rights are protected by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as well as other older legislation.

The behaviour of car dealers has deteriorated over the years despite their nice shiny dealerships. When I took delivery of my first GTR in April 2009, Middlehurst very carefully explained the rules around track days (plus got a waiver signed) and I normally took the cars on their track days so they could do the pre and post inspection on site. Neither Desira nor Colliers said one word about the restrictions for my last 2 cars which is shocking.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't think that is fair at all. I had pretty great service from Desira (disclaimer aside). I have always had bloody good service from Middlehurst too over the last 8 years.
------------------------------------------------------------

Its a real shame Middlehurst gave up their Nissan franchise. I'd bought cars from them since 2000 and generally had excellent service. If they were closer I'd happily use them to service my 17 car.

·
Registered
919 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------

Its a real shame Middlehurst gave up their Nissan franchise. I'd bought cars from them since 2000 and generally had excellent service. If they were closer I'd happily use them to service my 17 car.
They no longer sell GTR but do sell Nissan as I understand it. I have had my GTRs serviced by them for years including my 17 first optimisation as recently as last month.

·
Registered
273 Posts
They no longer sell GTR but do sell Nissan as I understand it. I have had my GTRs serviced by them for years including my 17 first optimisation as recently as last month.
Middlehurst are now selling nearly new Nissan's that seem mainly to be sourced from the Sunderland factory. They can source GTR's via UK dealer contacts.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I asked my local NHPC if I needed to have Pre/Post checks done on my MY17 GTR and they said that it wasn't required. I then contacted Nissan UK and asked the same question. Their reply was "For all enquiries of this nature we would advise you to contact your local Nissan Dealership who would be able to assist you further. Unfortunately customer service cannot comment on this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter."
I have since emailed my NHPC to ask for clarification that I don't require any checks and as yet haven't had a reply. If I do I will post here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nissan stand by their warranty !!!!!

Hi

A slightly different experience from my point of view.

I got my gtr just before xmas last year, 2015 plate with 12.5k on the clock from west way Nissan London.

i've only done 400 miles so far ( just under half of them getting home from the dealership)

noticed an issue with the gearbox not selecting 1st and after three attempts goes into 2nd.
also the same issue on reverse but not selecting any gear - just flashing the R on the dash.

booked in with west way- had to wait 3 weeks or so to get it in.

they have assessed the car and communicated with Nissan technical / headoffice and they are replacing the gearbox under warranty.

so other than a longish wait to get it booked in and maybe another longish wait while they get one and fit it, I cant fault them :clap::clap:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts