GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any experience with the Nitron 1 ways on an R35?
Kit seams a sensible price for fast road / track days.

·
Registered
511 Posts
We will have the MeisterR GT1 ready shortly, and I have been testing them on my own car for a while now.

An advance 1-way suspension fully design and build in the UK that will be a lot more comfortable on the road than the standard Bilstein, and at the same time capable for track work.
You can throw this suspension on a track on long session and the damper will not fade at all. :)

Jerrick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went for the Litchfield set up in the end - it's on the car now, just awaiting a dry day to test properly and will report back.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just thought I say that the MeisterR GT1 is finally ready also.
There was some setback but it is all clear up now.

The R35 MeisterR GT1 are bespoke build for the chassis and we actually use our own test R35 and design the suspensions from the ground up for it.
We used the chassis motion ratio to calculate the optimal springs rate in order to achieve the wheel frequency that we are after.

We wanted a good road sport suspensions that will be comfortable to drive on, without feeling battered after a long drive on the motorway that the OEM suspension provide.
At the same time we wanted to make sure the suspension will be responsive when you want push it, without needing the adjust the damping every time.

Therefore we design the internal of the GT1 suspensions from the ground up and developed some clever and precision technology to allow both goals to be achievable at the same time.
And of course, there are plenty of adjustments should you decide to take it on the track and push it hard.

The suspensions will not be adjustable via the EDC (like most other suspension such as Ohlins, Nitron, etc).
But at the same time, the suspensions will be easily adjustable, and you will only need to adjust it manually at the beginning and at the end of the track day.

The best part about a manual adjustments is that you can "dial in" your personal preference, as different driver have different preference, having a manual adjustments allows you a range of damping adjustments where the EDC will only allow 3 adjustments that may or may not fit your preference.

I'll post up more details later, but the GT1 suspension on the R35 have been tried and tested, so we are happy for the release now.
It took a little longer than we wanted (almost 2 years from start to now), but we are happy with the result and wouldn't want to offer anything that we aren't 100% happy to use ourself.

Jerrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts