GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading thru some threads on here about doing this and I'm currently reading through the wizards of nos installation manual numerous times at home too so its something I'm researching carefully and I wanna be sure I'm confident in what I do when I install it. theres loads of info on wizardsofnos.com too but I just thought I'd post up a query on gtroc to see what ppl think.

I've spoken to a fair few bods about it (esp. at totb5 where everyone seemed to have it in their 33's :D ).. I'm only looking at 50-75bhp shot maximum to reduce boost lag (50bhp is great for this apparently) and everyone seems to agree my car will have no trouble with it.

I'm gonna upgrade the fuel pump and my pfc goes in at end of this month so I should be able to retard the ignition a couple of degrees to help when using it (once pfc's in the car should be at stage1 too hurrah!).
I like the idea that the pfc resets the retarded ignition after turning the car off so it'll prevent me using it too much too :)

just wondering what people think - have they fitted it to their skylines recently with success?

·
Registered
70 Posts
2rismo on skylinesaustralia has run NOS on his stock-turbo R33 GTS25t. Down to mid11s (I know he's run 11.662, not sure if he's gone faster).

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I seen him post a fair few comments on a thread on wizardsofnos.com when I searched on there - he seems to know his stuff. the main things seem to be:

-uprate fuel pump
-change sparkplugs to one grade colder and iridium
-knock back timing via pfc ign trim function a couple of degrees(temporary till car is turned off) (or get it done permanently when the pfc is remapped on rolling road - have to talk to Rod Bell about this one when it goes in at end of august).

I've got hks induction, big exhaust (might be a drager not sure but its big all the way through haha!), decat pipe, iridium plugs, os giken twin plate clutch. should be interesting to see how it goes on once the ecu is under the car. Apparently the boost can be mapped to 0.9bar on stock turbo so thats cool) and I just fancy having the nitrous for reducing lag time really - 50-60bhp sounds just about right for me I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts