GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I know this was discussed on the old website but what is peoples experience of Nitrous Oxide kits on GTR`s.

I know Rupert has recently installed a NO2 kit. Perhaps you can give us an update as to benefits ?

Also which manufacturers are recommended ?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Never really got a chance to run the nitrous kit we installed on our Skyline. We only started to tune it when we took it in to turn it into a full drag car...

http://www.speedoptions.com/news_tipsfrompros.asp?aID=1582&ref=search&v=1&pg=0

It was a direct port setup , but we were still a bit rich. I wanted to go down on the fuel or up on the nitrous , but we kept blowing intercooler pipes off. I think the motor mounts may have been going as this car had been fairly beaten on. I needed to try some new silicone hose on it.

It felt very , very good at .8 bar of boost. Usually boost will increase when you run nitrous. Some cars have problems with boost control.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Laughing gas

If you want Nos done properly you could try contacting "The Wizards of Nos".:(

From early days chucking Nos in a car was good for a while but then things would suddenly go wrong. As the engine was asked to slow down the excess Nos would cause excess pressure on the Piston crown and something had to give. Other problems were the mixture getting too lean and, as a result, temperatures getting too high.

The chaps at 'Wizards' reckon they've got this sorted. It's all very simple (so they say) with controllers, solenoids and multiple injectors. having said that they reckon it's easy to fit and wont cost a fortune.

If anyone is interested they can be contacted on 01302 834343.

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts