GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has someone here used nitrous?

and can someone tell me if its stupid of me to buy dry nitrous to spray on the intercooler.

Im just wondering.

With regards.
Teitur Yngvi "Dohc"

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Its worthwhile IF your intercooler cant keep the charge temps down and your running the 1/4mile a lot, its mainly useful in short bursts, esp from standing starts, in hot temps.

But itd be wise to buy a charge temp gauge to check that first to save your cash.

Also as its not gas top spray into your engine itd be wise to just spray CO2 as its a damn sight cheaper than nitrous and just as effective.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Why bother with CO2? Just spray water - it's free! Seems to have worked very well for the Evos (where it's factory fitted).

But if you just want the blingbling of PSSSSSSST!!! onto the intercooler or maybe redirect the jets to blow passing girlies' skirts up round their heads then CO2 is your best (and cheapest) bet :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Dohc said:
Has someone here used nitrous?

and can someone tell me if its stupid of me to buy dry nitrous to spray on the intercooler.

Im just wondering.

With regards.
Teitur Yngvi "Dohc"
Waist of time and effort for the results that will be gained.

Mick

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
naw, whatcha do is use a watersprayer first, then follow it with a CO2 blast to freeze it all up.

gonna install a waterspray system next summer - maybe the FMIC, but for sure....the A/C condenser! An RB26 in stop and go sweltering Seoul summer traffic....just the memory of this past summer has me wanting to install a third sprayer...inside the car pointed at my face :p

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
SteveN said:
Why use CO2? As its a DAMN sight colder than bloody water! Waters not gonna cool it much at all unless it was proper hot, wheras CO2 will give it the freezer effect.

Either way tho, its pointless unless you got mega charge temps on the dragstrip.
Agree with SteveN, and you can buy CryO2 kits now that include Chilled fuel rail block, and intercooler mister etc all in one kit.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Exactly - if your intercooler works well, you wont need it. If your intercooler is too small or seeing massive heat-soak (particularly on the line perhaps) then it might be of some small benefit.

More testing is required on Skylines before its effects can truly be certified as a total waste of time though - IMHO.

·
6,817 Posts
. . put a drilled plate of dry ice infront of the Intercooler. :p
For Nitrous experiments you need much time to find the perfect setup, . . .hear from you in a year with the results.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok,thanks everyone..I´ll try some experiments..and let you know what is best for my setup:)

thank you all :D

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
dan0h said:
More testing is required on Skylines before its effects can truly be certified as a total waste of time though - IMHO.

As spoken by he in the know :bowdown1:

Your website dude is leaps & bounds since I last looked buddy :squintdan

·
Registered
27 Posts
im not an expert on this but if Co2 were used im assuming it will be condensed.. therefor will be cool like a deoderant can. i would have thought this would be effective as said - if your temperatures were high. i do know of water working well.. its obviously just experimentation i would say and dependant on the existing mods.

as for nitrous - i think it is overated in the scene of lesser enthuasts and disliked in the scene of high enthiasts.. its all down to personal preference/respect on certain levels on that one id say.

hope my pointless blabbering helps.
gaz.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Jim27 said:
Why bother with CO2? Just spray water - it's free!
Not allowed to use water on the start line at a drag strip.

I've had nitrous spray on the intercooler and although some thought it looked cool, honestly, we noticed very minimal temp drops, definatly an expensive exercise for **** all, we don't use it now. :wavey:

Look here to see it in action: (push play on the black screen at the top)

http://www.ripsltd.co.nz/performance/video.html

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should I put temper gauge somewhere on the intercooler pipe?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
You need one before and one after the intercooler to do any testing properly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts