GTR Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Some interesting points of view here some consider NOS "cheating gas" and others swear by it but if set up right are there ANY inherant problems with using it other than the moral implications ?:chuckle:
I believe that if you have a 'healthy' dose of nitrous (150bhp or above?) then you will need to think about retarding the ignition. If you have an aftermarket ECU that has been mapped and also involves adjustment to the ignition then this needs to be taken into account as well.
Let someone who knows what they're doing sort it out! ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks ben kingsley (i couldn't bring myself to type the real name S.B) sounds like good sound advice cheers mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I believe that if you have a 'healthy' dose of nitrous (150bhp or above?) then you will need to think about retarding the ignition. If you have an aftermarket ECU that has been mapped and also involves adjustment to the ignition then this needs to be taken into account as well.
Let someone who knows what they're doing sort it out! ;)

I retard a couple of degrees on hits over 50hp , on the power fc this takes about 2 minutes and can be done with the hand controller without permantly effecting the map

·
Registered
331 Posts
Some interesting points of view here some consider NOS "cheating gas" and others swear by it but if set up right are there ANY inherant problems with using it other than the moral implications ?:chuckle:

agreed, :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Andy Frost is now regularly in the 190's :smokin:

ok 190mph plus

My money is on 200mph by the end of the year

·
Registered
481 Posts
Andy Frost is now regularly in the 190's :smokin:

yep ran a best of 191 the other weekend before totalling the motor , it will soon be back faster than ever though hopefully after stuffing the rest of the world at the world street racing event later this year

·
Registered
155 Posts
good slagging match here, but also some valid points... I would use nos.. if i thought i needed it, not cheating at all!
if it makes you go faster, then its good buy ... can we agree on that/??? :D

Mark

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
There is absolutly no question it is good stuff and it can give good gains, it is also fact that it is not cheating when used within class rules.

Where the trouble starts is when people start saying its cheating instead of saying "I personally don't like it or I presonally don't want to use it for my own reasons"

Those same people also then need to accept that if they get beaten by someone using NOS (where allowed in the rules) they have no place complaining.

There are penalties for running NOS in most classes (usually additional weight), those penalties need to be weighed up against possible gains and the guys without NOS need to remember they have an advantage due to being able to weigh less and I'm pretty sure you'll never hear a NOS user saying the guy who can weigh less is cheating!!!

Just like auto trans V sequential or race transmission, the auto guys can weigh less in most classes due to the fact its proven the same weight auto car will usually run slower than one fitted with a proper race transmission.

It always comes back to the same old thing, personal preference, opinion and in the case of the "knockers" quite often a bit of ignorance and/or fear.

Just my opinion though :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
shessh this thread still going, i should take up selling keyboards instead of carparts.

nitrous rules end of story. for the simple reason that you can fit it to anything from a 100 tonne dump truck down to ya 10cc 1/10 scale rc car.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts