GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my engine has expired and it's time for a rebuild. I was running a N1 pump but now want to buy a Nitto pump as there are some good reviews on the net. Does anyone else on here run one, what rpm do you rev to, what sort of power are you running. Any feed back would be helpful.
Cheers, Tom.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hey Tom, I have one on my engine, I only rev to 8000, and makes 630hp at the hubs, but they will handle more than that. All of their products are very well made, and the pump is no exception. For me I would only own this or the Tomei.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
So my engine has expired and it's time for a rebuild. I was running a N1 pump but now want to buy a Nitto pump as there are some good reviews on the net. Does anyone else on here run one, what rpm do you rev to, what sort of power are you running. Any feed back would be helpful.
Cheers, Tom.

What has gone on your engine Tom was it related to the oil pump?

Dan

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
The problem with any flat drive system it banging on the limiter which over time depending on clearances will destroy the inner gear. I am not sure what the clearances are with the Nitto pump but I would expect them to be similar to Tomei which is around 0.010"

That said as long as your not going too crazy on revs and the limiter you will be ok.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tom, I have one on my engine, I only rev to 8000, and makes 630hp at the hubs, but they will handle more than that. All of their products are very well made, and the pump is no exception. For me I would only own this or the Tomei.
Thanks mate, what crank are you using. I just want to be able to rev the engine a little rather than the 7500-8000 that everyone recommends. I have a big single on mine and you really need to rev it to get the best out of it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure yet but it sounded rather catastrophic, there was a lot of bottom end noise and then the oil pressure light came on so I shut it off. Will be doing some investigation soon after I obtain some new parts.

What has gone on your engine Tom was it related to the oil pump?

Dan

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Didnt you have it rebuilt once already?

I have read that alot of the Nitto stuff, including the fuel pumps are just JUN copy's for the Australian market. The JUN pump doesn't like more than stockish revs either.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Didnt you have it rebuilt once already?

I have read that alot of the Nitto stuff, including the fuel pumps are just JUN copy's for the Australian market. The JUN pump doesn't like more than stockish revs either.
my jun oil pump was running 8700 rpm without issues, and has been for a long time aswell ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys. A quick one to clear a few things up. Our pump is a lot different to JUN / Greddy units (made by the same people) and especially in the metallurgy. More than happy to go through the amount of processes / proceedures we use on the gear sets and parts without being a sales speal if anyone is interested.

We have many shops using our oil pumps in applications of over 10,000 RPM and 1500 HP with 2 step use and other part destroying conditions.

Here is a recent one from a week ago at 10,500 RPM and approx. 1500 HP (8.0 @176mph) in a GTR with our RB30 3.2L kit (edit: still can't post links - search " Maatouks R32 GTR running 8.0 at 176mph! " on youtube)

Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hi guys. A quick one to clear a few things up. Our pump is a lot different to JUN / Greddy units (made by the same people) and especially in the metallurgy. More than happy to go through the amount of processes / proceedures we use on the gear sets and parts without being a sales speal if anyone is interested.

I am interested. :)

How much are they to the UK also please?:wavey:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

We have many shops using our oil pumps in applications of over 10,000 RPM and 1500 HP with 2 step use and other part destroying conditions.

Here is a recent one from a week ago at 10,500 RPM and approx. 1500 HP (8.0 @176mph) in a GTR with our RB30 3.2L kit (edit: still can't post links - search " Maatouks R32 GTR running 8.0 at 176mph! " on youtube)

I stand corrected then, just what i had read when i was doing some research into pumps.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Why don't you buy the Supertec spline drive kit? I will be getting that in future it's the same as the 2JZ, so no more breaking rotors!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts