Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NITTO RB26 2.7L stroker kit IN STOCK !

NITTO’s RB26DETT Stroker kits are designed for use in all motorsport classifications including drag racing, drifting and circuit racing. Rotational capability is lifted to 12,000 RPM and power handling is rated to 1600 HP. The changed harmonics due to the crankshaft material and design results in a much “freer revving” more balanced engine.

Crank info:
*4340 Grade Billet Steel
*Fully Counter Weighted
*Knife Edged
*Nitrided Finish
*Fully Balanced

CONNECTING RODS
*4340 Grade Billet Steel
*I-Beam Construction

PISTONS
*JE / NITTO Produced Quality & Unique Design
*Forged T6 2816 Aluminium Alloy
*Low Silicone Content
*Contact Reduction Grooves
*Accumulator Groove
*Thick Wall 93 Series 9310 Nickel / Carbon Steel Alloy Pins
*JE Premium Ring Sets

Price: 5699,- GBP. incl. VAT. & Import duty, PLUS shipping.

For more info don't hestitate to give a shout!

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Can you supply the 2.8 crank equivalent to the hks crank. (have low pin hks pistons and std tomei H rods)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you supply the 2.8 crank equivalent to the hks crank. (have low pin hks pistons and std tomei H rods)
They are usually 75.7mm stroke where the HKS crank is 77.7mm stroke. I have put the question towards Nitto for you. I'll let you know asap. mate!

Cranks can be ordered seperatly btw.!

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nozza!

Yes we can supply you a custom Nitto crank for 77.7mm (2.8L) stroke!

Pm sent!:thumbsup:

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
12,000 rpm!! - With a 2.8 what piston speed does that equate to?
Hi Stig!

This strokerkit is a 2.7L stroke of 75.7mm.

But on a 2.8L(77,7mm stroke) piston speed @ 12000rpm. would be an insane 31,08meters per second.

Cheers,
Kevin

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
31 metres per second? Bloody hell!

Would the rest of the engine take that sort of RPM's though? Do you know anyone who has run this kit in their own cars for any period of time mate?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
31 metres per second? Bloody hell!

Would the rest of the engine take that sort of RPM's though? Do you know anyone who has run this kit in their own cars for any period of time mate?
Hi Dean!

31meters per second is just calculated what a 2.8L(77.7mm stroke) @ 12000rpm would do..

But this Nitto stroker kit is a 2,7L 75,7mm stroke kit. That piston speed would be 30meters per second @ an insane 12000rpm! Yes all Strokerkit parts are designed for it! But ofcourse as probably everybody knows, you need a lot more supporting mods done to the engine/head/turbo configuration to hit 12000rpm.

In australia quite some people are running the kit! And also our own time attack car and customer cars are running this kit/rods/pistons.

NEXT MONTH THERE WILL BE A NEW DRAG GTR IN THE SCENE! AND ALTHOUGH IT'S STILL TOP SECRET I KNOW THEY WANT TO BEAT REECE MG HIS RECORD! RUNNING A FULL NITTO ENGINE!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Kevingo. Sorry, my bad. A typo there - I was asking specifically about this 2.7 Nitto kit.. Wow.

30 m/s is an extremely high piston speed, even comparing to F1 engines (of far, far shorter strokes than RB27 engines) which have a maximum of around 28m/s mean piston speed and engines that need rebuilds after every race.

Surely the g-forces on rotating masses on this Nitto kit would be dangerously high at 12,000 rpm using the components shown above, especially bearing in mind the inherrent intollerance to very high rpm's of a straight 6 cylinder engine?

Could you elaborate - What specifically are the design features that would enable such revs to be safe on this Nitto kit, please?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Stig

There are many more contributing factors to an engines efficiency and capability than Mean Piston Speed. A piston does not continuously travel at the same speed during crankshaft revolution.

Rod Ratio is a major contributing factor that determines how fast the piston accelerates from a speed of zero at TDC.

Camshaft selection is also a contributing factor as it helps determine what is going on inside the combustion chamber at given crankshaft rotation intervals. This can effect piston acceleration and speed also especially on the exhaust stroke.

Nitto has had circuit GTRs running their 2.7 kit spinning at speeds of up to 11,000 RPM with no problem which equates to a Mean Piston Speed of 27.75 m/s. Even at 10,000 RPM the Mean Piston Speed is still 25.53 m/s which is higher than an F1 motor. You would not normally find an RB26 engine in circuit racing format spinning to 12,000 RPM but for drag racing where everything is about top end RPM 12,000 RPM is achievable.

These kits have been successfully run at up to 12,000 RPM in drag racing applications. Information gathered is by actual field testing.

Hope this helps answering your question.

Kevin

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have built several of these Nitto 2.7's, they are certainly the goods. Extremely well engineered with exacting tolerances and a superb quality of finish. Initial tuning for street use on one engine was completed recently and made a lazy 870hp at the tyres with E85 pump fuel. As the engine was built to handle 1500hp on race fuel it should easily make 1200hp+ at the wheels without too much trouble and will be tested to its 12,000hp limit with around 45psi of boost.

Ill update with further results in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
363 Posts
update...made 1017hp at the wheels using E85 pump fuel at Powercruise #25 held over the weekend at Queensland Raceway. This was the highest power recorded at the event and the engine still has plenty of hp locked away in it.

Will be running again at Autosalon in a few weeks.

BTW, i turn my own engine to 11,200rpm and it uses a stock Nissan 8 counterweight crankshaft...no worries at all. Id not even think twice about running a properly built Nitto bottom end to 12,000rpm.

·
Registered
467 Posts
update...made 1017hp at the wheels using E85 pump fuel at Powercruise #25 held over the weekend at Queensland Raceway. This was the highest power recorded at the event and the engine still has plenty of hp locked away in it.

Will be running again at Autosalon in a few weeks.

BTW, i turn my own engine to 11,200rpm and it uses a stock Nissan 8 counterweight crankshaft...no worries at all. Id not even think twice about running a properly built Nitto bottom end to 12,000rpm.
Congrats! Awesome result!

·
Super Moderator
16,094 Posts
No longer a trader so I am locking this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.