GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Like the title says, the 4WD, hicas, abs and check engine dash lights are on. The car only pulls on the rear wheels for sure.
I tried searcing for similar problems and found this thread;

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/120660-abs-4wd-dash-lights-coming.html

Found some possible sources for the first mentioned problem here. But this is not the end of my problem. The only dash units working are the speedo, oil pressure, water temp and fuel level. The most anoying problem is the tach meter not working.

When I bought the car it was not driveable because the previous owner mounted the cams wrong, so that all the exhaust valves where bent.
Now the car has new valves, valve springs, pistons, rods, T-78 turbo kit, Apexi power fc pluss supporting mods.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I assume this car has a gadget to remove the speed limiter?
Remove it and see what happens, they can interfer with all these things.

Ian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look into it. But could this gadget cause my 4wd, hicas or abs to fail?

I've heard about people getting the check engine light after a single turbo convertion, could this be my case aswell?

Is it possible that there is only one problem causing all my issues? Maybe the tach meter causes the 4wd and abs to fail, but what about the hicas?

Where can I get more info on how these things work? I just bought the car, and I haven't had time to learn much about them yet.

All help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
did you take the engine out to repair it?
is it possiable that you have put the wrong wire to the altinator positive feed?
also i would go check the earths to the car a good way to do this is with another batt outside the car and a set of jump leads, put the positive to the battery in the car and the earth to the engine somewhere on the block it's self
appart from that i recon a visit to a good auto sparky should see it rite

alex

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had same problem and was apexi ecu main harness plug into ecu not connecting properly, best thing to do first is have someone looking at dash and shake all wiring under passenger footwell, do this with wiring in boot aswell and engine bay, sounds like same problem i had,hope that helps

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'll look into it. But could this gadget cause my 4wd, hicas or abs to fail?

I've heard about people getting the check engine light after a single turbo convertion, could this be my case aswell?

Is it possible that there is only one problem causing all my issues? Maybe the tach meter causes the 4wd and abs to fail, but what about the hicas?

Where can I get more info on how these things work? I just bought the car, and I haven't had time to learn much about them yet.

All help appreciated.

ABS, 4WD, HICAS all use vehicle speed signal. adding a cheap speedo convertor can make a mess of things.

In addition, 4WD and HICAS use throttle position sensor signal, which can throw up engine warning light when the tracks in this sensor wear out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved. Thanks for all help.

I think the problem was the Apexi PFC. I put the stock ecu back in, and everything was fine. When I put the PFC in again the problem was back, but today, on my way home from the track, the warninglamps went of and everything works like it should now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts