GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem where when you switch the key to ignition all the above lights should come on....none do on mine also im sure teh front torque meter doesnt move....

Ive tested teh front torque meter by using the switched earth in teh drivers foot panel which permanently keeps the FWD torque on and should show 10 on the gauge

- Ive checked all teh bulbs and swapped with known good ones
- checked all fuses, they are allo good

Ive also checked their is power to the ATESSA ecu

Atessa pump still primes you can hear it when you turn teh key to IGN...

Any thoughts?

Im now thinking that its a faulty ATESSA ECU?

On ign there are no flashing LEDS on the ATESSA ECU...

·
Registered
136 Posts
ATESSA ECU is gone i think, i had the same problems.When my rear screen washer pipe was broke off,and flooded it.Get another one to try ;)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Have you looked at the wiring diagrams i posted up?
I've just has a quick look.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive checked from the manual...circuit diagram for the atessa ecu shows ign fuse wired through 4WAS and 4WD lamps into atessas ecu i presume on ignition these get earthed through the ecu to light the lamp up?

Do u have a link to ur diagrams?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ATESSA ECU is gone i think, i had the same problems.When my rear screen washer pipe was broke off,and flooded it.Get another one to try ;)
Did your dash have no lights either? I will try as i think this is a relatively cheap way of trying to figure it out

Well at least it will rule out another theory lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry,i didn't read a post properly! My lights was all the time on,but i think its not a problem to try swap ecu,not expensive to :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok...this is going to sound lame lol...i think i have the incorrect dash clocks ...i have a late 32 GTR its blue backing clocks however i believe there is three versions? Depending on the chassis id....when you put on the dipped beams via the indicator stock it should light up a blue sign ive checked the bulb on that its fine...so it leads me to believe that the dash clocks are wrong

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its just that the HICAS and ATESSA ecu including the ABS cant all not be working? The chances of that id say are slim also the dipped beam headlight is also not showing which kinda made me think its either faulty clocks or the wrong type

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So the saga continues, so I tested the pins at the Atessa ECU and thought if I earth the pins (on Atessa ECU connector) for the bulb thats in the dash it should light up regardless of what the ecu may or may not be doing....annnnnndddd nothing.

This got me thinking, including the comment above about a loose connection...so i took the dash apart and tried to see if there was any loose connections.....its worse there isnt ANY connections on the connectors ! so thats why it aint lighting up!!!!

see pics below ive only shown the 4WD but HICAS and ABS are the same, theres no pin on the connector!!!

So i followed the cabling back a little and notice a lump of connectors under black insulation tape, to my absolute horror it definetely isnt factory wiring! they have spliced into the original loom to bodge something together...

Some cables are also not connected, i presume they are the 4WD/ABS HICAS etcetc..

Now this kind of ties in with the car, when I bought it had 32 GTST clock sorround and interior (both of which ive changed)....this car definitely had a roll cage as there are mounting holes. My guess is this was a stripped out car used on the track, when they wanted to sell it got hold of a R32 GTST and fired in stuff...thats my theory...

Now I need a wiring colour coded behind Dash Clock wiring diagram and possibly connectors for the clock with all the correct pins on there...

I was absolutely raging when I seen this...anyone know where I could get a colour coded cabling so I know the splices are correct???? or which one is which???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts