GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I've got a bit of a problem and was hoping someone could shed some light on it.
I was trying to adjust my idle on my r33 gtr as it was idling at about 1100 - 1200 rpm. I disconnected the idle valve and adjusted it to about 800 rpm. When I reconnected the valve it went up to about 1000. I then read on here about the screw on the ECU that controls the idle aswell as the diagnostic mode. So, I removed my ECU to try and lower my idle and maybe run diagnostic while I was there.
But... there was no screw or LED there???
Does anyone know why?
The sticker on the front of the ECU said genuine remanufactured ECU or something like that. I've seen pictures of another ECU on the net with the screw, and it looks just like my 300zx's so I know I've not just missed it. There was even the holes where they should be.
Is there another way to turn idle down or run the diagnostic? or am I missing something?

Cheers for any help

Rob.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Rob,

Sorry Im not replying with the answer for you but I have the same idleing problem myself. I didnt know you could adjust the idle through the ecu so you may have helped me out without knowing it. Is it an easy job? (if I have the screw that is?)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would of thought it is quite easy. Just remove the ecu by removing the 3 nuts, then the screw should be on the back. Start the car and turn the screw till you get what idle you want. Obviously I can't be sure though :(

Rob

·
Registered
715 Posts
There is no diagnostic screw on the R33GTR ecu, and you could not have adjusted the idle through it anyway. Have you tried an air leak test, as the inlet manifold gasket is always favorite on this one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There is no diagnostic screw on the R33GTR ecu, and you could not have adjusted the idle through it anyway. Have you tried an air leak test, as the inlet manifold gasket is always favorite on this one.

Your quite right Martin, I had a look at mine and no screw to be found. Mine is only idling at just over a thousand so people would prob say that was okay. I would just of liked to of got it down to about 700 if that was possible.

·
Registered
715 Posts
With everything switched off you will have to enter 'base idle' mode on consult or datascan, this will then turn off the ecu idle control. If you still have an idle over 1000 then try turning the idle screw in, if you hit the stop and its still high then you have a problem. The problem is normally too much air going into the engine which means that your running the engine lean - and we all know what that means don't we....:eek:

If you have the above then I would look to find the problem instead of just ignoring it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts