GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an R32 GTR thats not pumping fuel. I removed the pipe at the top of the fuel tank to find no fuel pressure and when i turned on the ignitition the pump wasnt pumping. I got a loan of a pump I know was working, fitted this and could hear it prime clearly but the car still wouldnt start so i removed the pipe coming out of the fuel filter up by the engine to find no fuel what so ever up there. I had removed this earlier so fuel had drained out allready and pressure didnt build up with the new pump. I then removed the pipe from the fuel tank to find the new pump had primed the system and had built up pressure as lots of fuel pored out under pressure.

With the pipe off at the fuel tank I turned on the ignition again and the pump wasnt pumping any fuel. Next I checked for power at both the connections to the fuel pump and both seemed to be fine.

Can anyone think of any reason why the pump isnt pumping and is there a sender unit or somthing further up the line that could be stopping fuel reaching the engine as when the pump did prime the system, fuel didnt reach the fuel filter by the engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fuel pump earth.

I have found my problem. The fuel pump earth is the reason the pump wasnt working. I connected a tempory earth and it worked fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts