GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after installing a Momo steering wheel, I've got no bloody horn. My positives and grounds are all good via multimeter, and the switch connects the two. If I jumper the positive directly to ground, nothing happens (should activate the horn).

Under the hood, when I manually squeeze the relay contact together, I get horn. Someone please tell me that these relays can wear out and not receive the proper signal from the steering wheel! Otherwise, in the four months my car sat in a dusty dirt parking lot with an empty engine bay exposed (well, from the bottom), to all kinds of elemental torture, there's a wire break between the horn relay and the steering wheel, and that will be utter hell to track down....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
relays can stick, best thing to do is take it out and check the conections under it for live, should be one when relay out and 2 when relay in then the connection to the horn (sound part lol) the second live (the one that only shows when relay is in) is actually a ground and goes to the horn (steering wheel part) where, when you press the button it ground and completes the circuit but it will show as live on the multi meter. confusing i know but simple when you understand. i had the whole dash out to try and figure mine out and it turned out to be a snapped ribon in a little box just behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate, I guess I've got tomorrow's wiring project set out for me - just spent tonight wiring in a Bee*R limiter(bang bang!), got that first try, maybe I'll be just as lucky with the horn :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.