GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, some of you may have seen the January edition of Redline (issue 150) where they have carried out a "head to head" with old and new. They invited me and “Scarlet” along on a cold November day and a highly modified
R32 from JDM garage.

We (I) were told that it was going to be a Like for like, in other words A STANDARD OR LIGHTLY MODIFIED COMPARASON TEST. You may note that the R32 was at 569bhp!!!

Just would like to put a few of their mistakes correct

1) I DID NOT USE LAUNCH CONTROL Because of the time taken for the photo shoot and the number other cars that were there I ONLY GOT ONE RUN. The JDM car had 3 tries to get the time. Not sour grapes, just fact! I wanted to carry out another run using LC as I have never used it but Redline said the light had beaten us (I do have headlights!!!) Oh and Scarlet was in fully Automatic COMFORT MODE!!!

2) My rear discs are 400mm as the Alcon upgrade is 400mm all round.

It was a good day but a lot of standing around whilst they did the photo shoot.

Mental note, don’t do a “stand around” at Santa Pod on a cold November day for pictures of your car again!! LOL

She will be back out on Track soon and looking at some European trips in 2010.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't !!

Were you in the car ??

Just go buy the mag and read it

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
<pantomime> Oh yes you did! </pantomime> :D

I've done numerous launches both using LC and not and manual and auto and some of the fastest have been just mashing it in auto.

Also I suspect Comfort may well be the best suspension mode as it allows the maximum weight transfer rearwards upon launch.
Not 100% sure for a GT-R though, because if you ovethink it, you might be better off getting maximum initial wheelspin to get it to transfer torque forwards...

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Even without wheelspin, attesa send torque to fronts to get the GTR movin. Check it on your MFD
Yes, but it must transfer a lot more if there actually is wheelspin.

Anyway, my point is with our lower launch control, there isn't much difference, but I don't know if Steve's cheapo grey import has the older 4,500rpm LC which would probably be a bit quicker at the expense of increasing the chance of breaking something! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
0-60 for a stock (ish) car , out of the box !! I aint complaining as it can only get better if I use the LC !!

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope and niether is yours but if you go % for % yours was 280bhp STOCK and mine was478bhp STOCK - yours is now 569 Double bhp and mine as David knows is 550bhp, with a Miltek Y pipe and an Ekutec remap. (not boasting - Just fact)

Now as you can understand going back to STOCK or lightly modified I think and hope you all can see where I am coming from on this. ALSO AS STATED I DID NOT USE LC !!!

If your R32 was 70bhp (the mod I have) more than Stock it would be 450bhp.
AND LETS NOT START ON THE WIEGHT ISSUE !!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
The time was slow particularly for a drag strip and with cold air.
Mine did 0-60mph in 3.2s and 100mph in 7.6s Stage 1 Cobb, 547hp, also with no LC, just flooring it in Auto.

Stock R35s have been timed at 8.4s to 100mph.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we weren't on the drag strip !!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.