GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an odd one!

The car is currently jacked up (higher at the front) neither keys are doing anything. Behaviour is as if the battery was totally dead. It's a good yellow top.

I've just noticed a rapid 'clicking' noise coming from the module to the left of the front passengers left foot (pic below) it sounds like a relay clicking.
I've disconnected the lower right connector which has stopped the clicking.
Any ideas welcome? I'm hoping it'll be sorted when I lower the car back down.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
could this be a anti theft devise ,, thinking its jacked up being stolen,
put it down flat again and try to start it.

Goldie

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will do Stu but I'm in the middle of a rather PITA job as I've had a diaphragm split on one of the wastegates. Will hopefully be able to drop it down tomorrow evening.

I don't think the angle will be an issue as I could be parked on a slope for all the car knows!

·
Registered
322 Posts
The mad clicking maybe the cobra tracker, try drop the car and see what happens I believe on the gtr the starter is cut as you cant push start it anyway so you should get ignition lights regardless. Normally when the cobra tracker is not subscribed it clicks but thers been treads about the cars not starting due to them immobilising it!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers but I should of mentioned I don't have a Cobra mines a Tracker UK one. You'd still get some lights on dash though, even when I don't have the key on me it'll say 'No Key' on the dash as soon as you press the start button with or without foot on brake.

Takamo called me and he thinks I've blown a main fuse, which is possible as I have been working near the starter motor!

Will hopefully know more tomorrow night.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, please keep em comming.

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's official, I'm an idiot :lamer:

Finally got around to looking at the total dead battery behaviour to find that it was infact a total flat battery. All my own fault too, I'd spent several hours under the car getting to the wastegate (split diaphragm issue) that I'd forgotten that I'd left the ignition on from earlier when I was updating all the logging parameters on the Syvecs.
In the meantime I'd jacked the car to odd angles and so started to over think the problem.

So hopefully all good as the wastegates back in place, just waiting for battery to charge before I can test it.

Thanks for your thoughts though guys :):)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys.
And to further top it off I've lent

Typical that I'd lent my C-Tek charger to a mate, so dug out an old one last night seemed ok but had achieved nowt by this morning. Found an even older one (blew off the dust) and now it's merrily charging away :)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Well it's official, I'm an idiot :lamer:

Finally got around to looking at the total dead battery behaviour to find that it was infact a total flat battery. All my own fault too, I'd spent several hours under the car getting to the wastegate (split diaphragm issue) that I'd forgotten that I'd left the ignition on from earlier when I was updating all the logging parameters on the Syvecs.
In the meantime I'd jacked the car to odd angles and so started to over think the problem.

So hopefully all good as the wastegates back in place, just waiting for battery to charge before I can test it.

Thanks for your thoughts though guys :):)
LOL wait till we tell Angela, but she probably already knows :chuckle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts