GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Was coming home today and all of sudden i lost power and no boost. Tried putting the accelerator down and not getting any faster :bawling: . Managed to pull over to the hard shoulder and found out the exhuast was kicking out 4 foot long flames from what a mate driving next to me said. Tried turning the car over and the idle was really rough starting at 900 and droppping down to 100 where it almost died completely.
The exhaust was kicking out pure fuel out the back and you smell it badly. Thought it maybe a boost leak of vacum pipe but everything seems to be running ok. Any ideas what it could be?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
afms, give them a clean with brake and clutch cleaner, if needs be reomove silicone and top cover and re-solder where the plug socket connects to the sensor/circuit board.
did mine a few weeks ago after problem and runs champion now.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Yup, does sound like a boost pipe. Had this happen myself. I checked all my hoses and thought they were all OK until I physically felt them for gaps. The one from the 'twin turbo' pipe to the pipe in the inner wing had become unseated and was leaking. To look at it you would have thought it was fine. Hope this helps

TT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts