GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first start my 33gtr from cold and I dont wait for it to warm up it just does not want to go If I try to give it power it dies but as soon as it is hot it flys, can anybody tell me what the problem is when it is cold as it is driving me up the wall. cheers for any help. john

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
May be worth checking the water temp sensor resistance when it is cold

·
Registered
234 Posts
started mine with coolant temp sensor disconnected the other day by accident idled like a pig and wouldnt take throttle at all

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
COULD BE SPARK PLUGS, HAD SIMILAR PROBLEM

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have new plugs and on idls fine and it rev,s with no bother but as soon as I drive it and put power on it just want to die but as I have said when it has warmed up to temp no problem and I can leave it for 4 or 5 hours get in it and it drives fine it is when you leave it over night in the morning start it up tick over is good but as soon as you drive off without letting it warm up it wants to die, I just can not work out whats wrong.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
What grade oil have you got in it and when was it last changed?

And serves you right :p - you should always warm it up properly before booting it matey :D otherwise you'll soon have a bit more to complain about than it seeming to have no power when cold...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
certain plugs have different heat temperatures, what with the cold weather does have its effect

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I change the oil 1,500 miles its a habit and as for booting it iv had a lot of very fast cars in my time and one thing I would never do is boot a cold engine, what I ment is try to put the power on slowley and it will not have it, I think I will have to take it to tweenies to get him to sort it out for me. and were is the temp sensor, were do I find that? cheers

·
Registered
442 Posts
Mine does exactly the same as this. Will not rev above 2.5Krpm until warmed up, after which it's fine.
I've just had Greddy race plugs (8) fitted and it runs better, but still not above 2.5K when cold. Mark (Abbey M/S) reckoned it may be an AFM issue.
I've actually just got used to keeping the revs down until it's warm. It drives fine under 2.5K.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts