GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might be of use to someone importing an R32 for use on UK roads(gtirpad for one)...

I'm preparing for a MOT of my GTS4 at the moment and have stumbled over a nice little getout clause for side repeaters on an R32...

The rule book states --> Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens.

Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an 'E' mark in a circle or an 'e' mark in a rectangle above which is a number 5. Some vehicles are fitted with a wraparound lens with no European approval markings. (Skyline) These can be tested by standing approximately 1000mm to the side of the vehicles rear bumper with indicators on. If amber light can be seen coming through the front lens (not a reflection) this is acceptable. <-- MOT Manual extract ;)

Ok, so no E mark on a skyline, so its down to the one-meter from the rear bumper test... Here is my side repeater.

When standing one meter from the rear bumper as stated I can quite clearly see orange from the wraparound section that sticks out as it has its own little dedicated bulb :D So my car doesnt need sideies, if your R32 has these indicators too, then dont worry about nasty side repeaters :D

The SVA might be different, but I dont need an SVA as my car is over ten years old, I also dont have to have a catalyst for MOT's. Which is a good job, as I'm gonna remove it as soon as possible.

Full MOT regs can be found at www.motuk.co.uk

Hopefully this'll help someone else out :)

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mine had to have Sides put on for the SVA:(

But that will change in the future to some nice dark smoked ones!!:cool:

Mines 92/93 dont know which as some parts of the car are date stamped with 93, even though the car is registered as a 92....:rolleyes:

Si

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cheers for that Dan... the company that are importing my car are also putting on years MOT so I would expect that something will be done for me.

Does depend on the testers though, my Pulsar went through 2 MOTs without anyone noticing the lack of rear fog lights, so I may end up doing it in a years time anyway...

Laters,
Pad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts