GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Venners,

What state of tune is your car in ?

It is normal to hear the induction kit working if you have one but I don't remember hearing a whirring noise when coming on boost with the std car.

let us know the mods and then the chances are someone has the same ones as you and can say for sure.

The induction sound is the same sort of moise as you get in the touring car incar footage on telly. a sort of sssssshhhhhh shushing noise. the dump valves opening sound a bit like a wheelspin according to people who have been in the car. I think it sounds like a dumpvalve. Pshhh.
It is fun making up these words.
at certain throttle settings you can get them to open one after the other as you go up the road. sounds like a steam engine hehe.
hope this helps.

/Steve

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
it could be noise through the induction kit.

Have you been in any other GTR's ? if you are still not sure then take it to someone who knows what they are talking about.

THe turbos in mine are quite easy to hear but it is a difficult sound to describe. It just sounds like turbos. The induction kit itself makes a fair amount of noise and when you let off you hear the recirculating dump valves going as well. so there are lots of things to listen out for.

good luck.

/Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts