GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay call me dumb but appreciate any info on following.
Car is GTR33 running decat HKS exhaust (inc front pipe), HKS filters, HKS plugs, HKS blow off valves.

Recently fitted HKS EVC boost controller with HKS fuel regulator. Running 0.8 bar low boost and just a tad over 1.0 bar high boost.

Question is: When car is idling, can here something vibrating intermittently under drivers footwell. Sounds like the fuel pump priming. Have had a look and nothing seems loose and car goes fine. Could it be something to do with the return pipe too tank?? Probably overly worried but thought I'd ask.

Any ideas on power with the mild mods above?

Also is next requirement for increased power new turbo's?:)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
aidanjaye said:
Okay call me dumb but appreciate any info on following.
Car is GTR33 running decat HKS exhaust (inc front pipe), HKS filters, HKS plugs, HKS blow off valves.

Recently fitted HKS EVC boost controller with HKS fuel regulator. Running 0.8 bar low boost and just a tad over 1.0 bar high boost.

Question is: When car is idling, can here something vibrating intermittently under drivers footwell. Sounds like the fuel pump priming. Have had a look and nothing seems loose and car goes fine. Could it be something to do with the return pipe too tank?? Probably overly worried but thought I'd ask.

Any ideas on power with the mild mods above?

Also is next requirement for increased power new turbo's?:)
The fuel pump is a fairly quiet "whir" so you shouldn't be able to hear that over the noise of the engine. Without hearing the noise it's hard to say what it might be.

As for power, are you running the standard ecu? If so it's not wise simply fitting a bost controller and turning it up. Assuming it's been done right you should have 380-400bhp at 1 bar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still running standard ECU but did insure the fueling was set up correctly and car is running fine. (HKS fuel reg fitted)

The noise is more a vibration then a whir - looks like I'm going to have to get wet and crawl under the bloody thing again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will have a look at clutch damper.

If changing standard ECU, what is presently unit to buy and how much? Is it advisable buying second hand unit?:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts