GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello Im im a member on soc, my name is chris and i have had my fresh import R33 gtr v-spec for a couple of months and loving it, its my first skyline and only my second car,

I got no records of maintenance so last week i had a full fluid service and then got 4 new tyres (a lot better now) then tomorrow im off to RB's to get the cambelt done

This is the car when i picked it up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keeping it standard, getting the performance friction front and rear rotors and pads, already has coil overs. i do a few track days a year and at least two trips to the nurburgring, been going to the ring for five years but this may will be the first time in the skyline hoping to be able to do consecutive laps as my last car struggled a bit

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
we all say that we will "keep it standard" I always fail.....

welcome, looks very clean car in those pics

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
It sounds like the car certainly will get some use lol! As for how long you keep it standard I have my doubts! You should check out the events part of the forum as there are alwys track trips being arranged

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Very nice. Only your second car? You've been spoiled! :D

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Your 2nd car is a Skyline!?

Insurance must be a killer, mind me askin how old you are?

Great 2nd car.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
welcome

GTR for a second car! Blimey, I got my first GTR after dreaming about it since at school and 10 years waiting. Nice color too mate, looks very tidy. take it easy on it:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had my first car for 5 years and had no claims so all those NCB help i pay £1300 fully comp high i know but im only 24 i know people who are paying that on a corsa.

I know im lucky to be able to have my car and are planning on keeping it for a long time,

I work hard for my money so i have to have toys

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Lol my skyline was 10 years in the running too! It made the day I got one all the more special! But fair play to the lad he has him self a tidy motor.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, i love the car and you dont see any were i live (huddersfield) so its nice to see people looking

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum you'll find this place a wealth of information for you car and some great socal events , as for being young and haven a gtr . well done mate ;) :thumbsup: , ive been dreaming about one since before i could drive , when i was a kid my dad picked up daily tomphson's midnight purple r33 gtr then we drove home from london don the a3 and my dad was blown away i remember him saying this is as quick as a ferrari testorossa lol it was bloody quick tho , must of been brand new back then . anyway enough dreaming for me lol im now 26 ( just ) and got an r34 gtr my god it scares me , youll be so impressed as to exactly it can do mate its unreal

welcome dude :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my first car for 5 years and had no claims so all those NCB help i pay £1300 fully comp high i know but im only 24 i know people who are paying that on a corsa.

I know im lucky to be able to have my car and are planning on keeping it for a long time,

I work hard for my money so i have to have toys
Same here Gtr_chris....if you work hard you need to reward yourself and what a TREAT a R33 GTR! a great car! I plan to keep mine for life and pass it onto my son.....as soon as i have a house under my belt im gonna save for the R35....seriously love skylines.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to GTROC

Your car looks like a nice example, work hard but play harder! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice car mate i have the same looks nice in white you cant leave it standard its so easy getting it to 400-450 bhp hope you enjoy it i love mine i love the attention that the car brings enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have a very nice car there, look after it well :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts