GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

long time Nissan owner, first time poster on here (although I have lurked for awhile) I was wondering if I could pick some of you folks brains please.

I recently purchased an R32 GTR and whilst its been mostly fine today she's decided to spit her dummy out of the pram, was quite literally less than half a mile away from home when the clutch pedal decided it didn't want to pop back up.
I've pulled the car up and the clutch pedal can be pulled back up by hand, but pressing it down again results in it being stuck down.
I should mention that since purchasing the clutch pedal has always been quite stiff and had the same clutch pedal squeek my S14 had when I first got that (which I put down to lack of use as this GTR has done less than 5000kms in 3 years according to MOT certificates)
I know from previous Nissan ownership these are hydraulic clutch systems so am I right in thinking this is probably down to the Master or Slave cylinders rather than the clutch fork ? it has been suggested to be that there is a spring on the clutch fork but i've never seen one myself so couldn't say if this info was right or not.

currently waiting for a recovery bloke to arrive and bring the car round the corner so I can have a proper look, but from looking under the bonnet in the resevoir there is plenty of fluid so it doesn't appear to have shat itself.
can't get the car into the garage till next week so thought i'd see if anyone can offer any advice - i'm not against the idea of buying the parts and having a go at replacing them myself if needs be.

thank you

·
Vendor
12,633 Posts
Hello,

long time Nissan owner, first time poster on here (although I have lurked for awhile) I was wondering if I could pick some of you folks brains please.

I recently purchased an R32 GTR and whilst its been mostly fine today she's decided to spit her dummy out of the pram, was quite literally less than half a mile away from home when the clutch pedal decided it didn't want to pop back up.
I've pulled the car up and the clutch pedal can be pulled back up by hand, but pressing it down again results in it being stuck down.
I should mention that since purchasing the clutch pedal has always been quite stiff and had the same clutch pedal squeek my S14 had when I first got that (which I put down to lack of use as this GTR has done less than 5000kms in 3 years according to MOT certificates)
I know from previous Nissan ownership these are hydraulic clutch systems so am I right in thinking this is probably down to the Master or Slave cylinders rather than the clutch fork ? it has been suggested to be that there is a spring on the clutch fork but i've never seen one myself so couldn't say if this info was right or not.

currently waiting for a recovery bloke to arrive and bring the car round the corner so I can have a proper look, but from looking under the bonnet in the resevoir there is plenty of fluid so it doesn't appear to have shat itself.
can't get the car into the garage till next week so thought i'd see if anyone can offer any advice - i'm not against the idea of buying the parts and having a go at replacing them myself if needs be.

thank you
either clutch slave or master cylinder. I have both in stock:thumbsup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa ! thats kinda freaked me out, I've quite literally just sent you an enquiry via the PM system!
awesome ! i'll continue this via PM with you and arrange how to make payments

thanks Dave :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Happened to me on Sat afternoon. My problem is a snapeed Clutch Fork pivot bolt.

Gearbox out job "WELCOME BACK TO GTR OWNERSHIP" :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Erm, one look under the car will tell him. If the fork moves around as if totally loose then its pivot bolt... else I guess its the clutch itself or the slave...???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts