GTR Forum banner

Norschleife R35 GTR meet and time attack, report

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  BenLinney@GTC 
#1 ·
Ok let me give You some notices. Thanks to David.Yu from UK I had a chance to spent not one, but two club track days at the Ring. Closed track. Thursday the weather was very bad, rainy in the night, than fog in the day. Later afternoon the track was almost dry, but due to some accidents still no chance to go fast enough. But that day was much better from the social point of view. Met couple of german a UK guys, 11 GT-Rs there. Had a great time and fun. We also made some nice pics in the Nurburgring promedane Nissan shop. /see bellow/

Friday was much better with the weather, bit wet in the morning but perfectly dry after 11am. So I started to push it, but many yellow flags due to accidents, slowed me down. Later in the afternoon I made my best lap of the day... 8:03 and started to be excited to do bellow 8 later. I got Sabine Schmitz to my passenger seat to give me some tips and tricks :) She is sooo nice and friendly. Made two laps with her at passenger and also one with her as driver my car and me as passenger. In that last lap some Porsche got broken engine and oil leak and let oil in the ideal line through half of the track length :-( from Adenau to Dottingen Hohe... we had to slow down a lot and go out the line.

Just before end of the track day the track was almost fine again, so I made my last laps, but twice I've seen yellow flag due to crash /both right after Karussel/ and I started to be soo tired, made some laps like 8:05, 8:06 etc so decided to stop before something happens.

overall I did more than 20 laps on Thursday and again over 20 on Friday, car worked FANTASTIC, not a single problem, just changed pads. The new R888 Toyos are so much better for track than Bridgestones, the understeer is all gone. Just need to put a LOT od heat to them, what is not easy when the outside temp is bellow 10 C. Drove my car back home more than 400 miles Friday evening, in rain, wet and fog, and still all perfect, not a single problem. What a great car.

So that's it from me, done for this year. For sure I'm not done, still want to do it MUCH faster, well let's see next season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
notice1: Car setup: GTC Titan exhaust, willall y-pipe, GTC GT1 CF Bonnet, Cobb port with GTC custom map, AP rotors, Carbotech pads, Toyo R888 on stock wheels. the rest is stock.

notice2: drove the car 400miles to the ring on Wednesday, than more than 40 laps hard lapping there within two days and later Friday afternoon drove it back home 400 miles. All of this without any single problem. Just putted gas in tank and once changed front pads. Rotors are like new.

notice3: drove the car almost 300km/h on autobahn and on the ring and no problem with the bonnet. It's rock solid in those speed just with stock locks, no aerocatchers or other mod needed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, parking at the entrance

Thursday, group photo :)

Friday, Sabine driving my GT-R

Now, she's brave :))

me at the ring

chasing GT3 RS, could go a little faster but wanted to have the video :) 8:47 this lap

VIDEO

afternoon, 8:05 I think, not sure which video is which and matches to driftbox log :)

VIDEO

and made one more Video 8:08 with data from driftbox overlay. Maybe it's not 100% accurate did it for the first time...

VIDEO"][/URL]

enjoy

See less See more
#3 ·
It was great to meet you, Alex (Evolution VI) and the 8 other GT-R owners out there!

Don't thank me for the first track day, thank Peter and Matthias from Trackdays.de, they laid on a superbly enjoyable trip with a lovely hotel, fantastic BBQ and a very informal track day.
Will definitely be going back with them next year.

The highlight of the trip for me was you leading our convoy of 11 GT-Rs up into the Promenade. I had glorious visions of the shopping mall scene from The Blues Brothers for a minute! :D

#6 ·
You mean you had Sabine as a passenger and then she drove your car ??? WOW That would have been going to Germany just for that experience !!!!

#7 ·
Zeyd, I have lots of data from driftbox if interested. I also compared my data to Sabine to see where I can go faster, but thi I'm not allowed to publish. Non from Cobb.

Steve, yes she was as passenger for one lap, than we changed to show me where I can be better and than we changed again to test if i remember it :))

and she is sooo nice and friendly

#8 ·
Trouble is, I would just want her to have my babies !!!LOL

VBH, eat ya heart out.

Would be intersting to see the comparson and also more impotrtantly, what was Sabines lap time in a GTR ??

#10 ·
I made Sabine scream.. but not with delight!

I tried to take flugplatz flat in 5th in a 996 GT2, then realised it was not gonna happen as we hit the crest..
Sabine was in my pax seat, she screamed and tried to grab the steering wheel, but somehow I managed to get around the corner with the back end trying to become the front!

Great girl .. she is, at end of lap she told me to swap the GT2 for a car with 100ps.. then she changed her mind and said " No.. 90ps"! :chuckle:

#11 ·
I would love to have the chance to make her scream............................................................ the car not Sabine ! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.